• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a 1911 with a 4" barrel or shorter

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Update:

4.25"Bull barrel, lowered/flared ejection port, Novak type combat sights, skeletonized hammer, ambi safety, beavertail grip safety, and skeletonized trigger with overtravel and light pull.

All this, new in the box for $470!

High- Standard combat Crusader. How does it shoot? Out of the box, my first 3 round group at 18 yds was withhin an inch. Actually, the first and third round went through the same hole (almost). I am very satisfied with the weight, look and feel of this weapon. If anyone else has one, let me know if you concur. I haven't found anyone else on any of the other boards that have bought this samepistol with all the goodies from the factory.

curtm1911

imported post

I have a Springfield G.I. Champion, 4" barrel, found it used at a local gunshop for $500. It even had nite sites on it already. Sorry, not for sale, but an idea of what you might find out there. BTW, it was hardly even used, it is still breaking in. Good Luck in your search.

Attachments

• DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 155