Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great trigger control

Post imported post

http://www.break.com/index/womancop.html

What kind of police training teach that. Scary Chef

Post imported post

Very scary. :shock:

I wonder if the arrestee got off because of it?

Post imported post

trigger control ftl
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I forgot all about that video..!!!!

That is so scary!! Sounds like bad training or lack there of.

Dude was lucky she cannot aim and hit things from 4 feet away. He could have got a round in the head had she been able to shoot.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

chefjustin wrote:
    http://www.break.com/index/womancop.html

What kind of police training teach that. Scary Chef
    Gods be, it pisses me off when people can't keep their fingers off the flipping trigger.

I've refused to buy from gun dealers, in fact, who put their fingers inside the trigger guard when they pick up a weapon to hand to me ... and I've told them why.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Does anyone know if anyone was injured in that incident? It sure looks like the suspect got at LEAST a load of pavement in the face, and maybe the partner as well. They both may have gotten a few bullet fragments as well.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Given the availability of training materials and general knowledge about fingers and triggers, I wonder if we've reached a point where one can file a complaint or sue for negligence or endangerment based on a finger being on a trigger when the firearm is pointed in your general direction.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Ya... you have to keep it off the trigger in case your arms tenses up.

Only takes a fraction of a second to jump off that slide.

That video is a good lesson for all those that carry and ever need to draw down on someone.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Ya... you have to keep it off the trigger in case your arms tenses up.

Only takes a fraction of a second to jump off that slide.

That video is a good lesson for all those that carry and ever need to draw down on someone.
    From what I saw, the situation was already under control before she drew the weapon. But I have never seen a poorer example of weapons handling, by someone who is supposed to be trained. Even the re-holstering of the weapon was almost a disaster.

It appeared to me that the officer panicked.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    From what I saw, the situation was already under control before she drew the weapon. But I have never seen a poorer example of weapons handling, by someone who is supposed to be trained. Even the re-holstering of the weapon was almost a disaster.

Regards
    She had her gun drawn the entire time. The other LEO was cuffing the right hand and the left hand was out in front and visible. The subject appeared to be very compliant.

She pulled the trigger and I believe it was by total accident. She then seemed confused.. and took a moment to decide she better holster her weapon.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
    She had her gun drawn the entire time. The other LEO was cuffing the right hand and the left hand was out in front and visible. The subject appeared to be very compliant.

She pulled the trigger and I believe it was by total accident. She then seemed confused.. and took a moment to decide she better holster her weapon.

Some guys on two other gun forums claimed that she got promoted out of field duty for that shot. They never supported their allegation so I never believedit.

Post imported post

They actually use that video in my academy two weeks ago. No word on what happened to her, but we came to the conclusion that she was moving to re-holster the pistol. Having her finger on the trigger was a major and almost fatal mistake.

Post imported post

Leave it to a professional to show us amateurs how to NOT handle a firearm. Maybe she was transfered to DEA.

Post imported post

SFDoc wrote:
    Leave it to a professional to show us amateurs how to NOT handle a firearm.* Maybe she was transfered to DEA.
    More likey firearms training.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SFDoc wrote:
    Leave it to a professional to show us amateurs how to NOT handle a firearm. Maybe she was transfered to DEA.
    Or Border Patrol?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Still not as bad as Mr Lee Paige. I'm the only one professional enough...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ej80i1UL5E

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Still not as bad as Mr Lee Paige. I'm the only one professional enough...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ej80i1UL5E
    That's who I was trying to think of. He was DEA wasn't he or was I mistaken???

Post imported post

Post imported post

OK, just so it doesn't look like I'm picking on swatpro, what does this thread have to do with EITHER open carry or Virginia?!?!?
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Well, he takes a bullet better than I would. He also brought the point home to the audience that egos and guns do not mix.

We use a .45 blank loaded with only a primer, to illustrate how a person can be fooled into thinking a weapon is empty when in fact it was still loaded. But when we teach, we don't allow any live ammo in the room, except for that single blank round. I do have to admit his demonstration is MUCH better than mine.

I can't imagine why this guy is mystified that he has become a laughing stock. And I really don't understand how he thinks the DEA is at fault. The tape was made by an audience member, and they probably copied it before they turned it in. I sure would have.

Regards

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    OK, just so it doesn't look like I'm picking on swatpro, what does this thread have to do with EITHER open carry or Virginia?!?!?
    Quick ... everyone scatter the thought police are here!!:celebrate

Post imported post

News and Political Alerts would be more appropriate since it seems to have become our general chat forum.

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Well, he takes a bullet better than I would. He also brought the point home to the audience that egos and guns do not mix.

We use a .45 blank loaded with only a primer, to illustrate how a person can be fooled into thinking a weapon is empty when in fact it was still loaded. But when we teach, we don't allow any live ammo in the room, except for that single blank round. I do have to admit his demonstration is MUCH better than mine.

I can't imagine why this guy is mystified that he has become a laughing stock. And I really don't understand how he thinks the DEA is at fault. The tape was made by an audience member, and they probably copied it before they turned it in. I sure would have.

Regards
    I love how when the woman tried tohand him the rifle the kids in the audience yelled at her not to hand it to him. Classic *******.

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    She was openly carrying.. But was in a state of confusion...

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
    Yep, got to give the man credit, he gave new meaning to "the show must go on". Me, I'd be on the floor crying for my mommy and looking for a change of clothes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast