• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great trigger control

LEO 229

imported post

I forgot all about that video..!!!!

That is so scary!! Sounds like bad training or lack there of.

Dude was lucky she cannot aim and hit things from 4 feet away. He could have got a round in the head had she been able to shoot.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

chefjustin wrote:
http://www.break.com/index/womancop.html

What kind of police training teach that. Scary Chef
Gods be, it pisses me off when people can't keep their fingers off the flipping trigger.

I've refused to buy from gun dealers, in fact, who put their fingers inside the trigger guard when they pick up a weapon to hand to me ... and I've told them why.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Does anyone know if anyone was injured in that incident? It sure looks like the suspect got at LEAST a load of pavement in the face, and maybe the partner as well. They both may have gotten a few bullet fragments as well.

Regards

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Given the availability of training materials and general knowledge about fingers and triggers, I wonder if we've reached a point where one can file a complaint or sue for negligence or endangerment based on a finger being on a trigger when the firearm is pointed in your general direction.

LEO 229

imported post

Ya... you have to keep it off the trigger in case your arms tenses up.

Only takes a fraction of a second to jump off that slide.

That video is a good lesson for all those that carry and ever need to draw down on someone.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Ya... you have to keep it off the trigger in case your arms tenses up.

Only takes a fraction of a second to jump off that slide.

That video is a good lesson for all those that carry and ever need to draw down on someone.

From what I saw, the situation was already under control before she drew the weapon. But I have never seen a poorer example of weapons handling, by someone who is supposed to be trained. Even the re-holstering of the weapon was almost a disaster.

It appeared to me that the officer panicked.

Regards

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
From what I saw, the situation was already under control before she drew the weapon. But I have never seen a poorer example of weapons handling, by someone who is supposed to be trained. Even the re-holstering of the weapon was almost a disaster.

Regards
She had her gun drawn the entire time. The other LEO was cuffing the right hand and the left hand was out in front and visible. The subject appeared to be very compliant.

She pulled the trigger and I believe it was by total accident. She then seemed confused.. and took a moment to decide she better holster her weapon.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
She had her gun drawn the entire time. The other LEO was cuffing the right hand and the left hand was out in front and visible. The subject appeared to be very compliant.

She pulled the trigger and I believe it was by total accident. She then seemed confused.. and took a moment to decide she better holster her weapon.

Some guys on two other gun forums claimed that she got promoted out of field duty for that shot. They never supported their allegation so I never believedit.

cs9c1

imported post

They actually use that video in my academy two weeks ago. No word on what happened to her, but we came to the conclusion that she was moving to re-holster the pistol. Having her finger on the trigger was a major and almost fatal mistake.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:

Well, he takes a bullet better than I would. He also brought the point home to the audience that egos and guns do not mix.

We use a .45 blank loaded with only a primer, to illustrate how a person can be fooled into thinking a weapon is empty when in fact it was still loaded. But when we teach, we don't allow any live ammo in the room, except for that single blank round. I do have to admit his demonstration is MUCH better than mine.

I can't imagine why this guy is mystified that he has become a laughing stock. And I really don't understand how he thinks the DEA is at fault. The tape was made by an audience member, and they probably copied it before they turned it in. I sure would have.

Regards