Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Submitting Application in the morning....Henrico

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, , USA
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    I'm submitting in the morning. Where exactly do I need to go? Is is the same court as civil/driving? And who do I see. Just wanna make sure I've got my stuff in order...?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,043

    Post imported post

    I assume you're referring to your CHP and not an employment application...

    You submit it to the Clerk of Circuit Courts. Just go to the Henrico County information desk and ask them where the Circuit Court Clerk's office is. Hope you have everything you need.

    Congrats!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, , USA
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post


    Yes, should have been more specific, and have proof of competancy with a firearm and form notorized... Guess I've got 30 days.......




    vrwmiller wrote:
    I assume you're referring to your CHP and not an employment application...

    You submit it to the Clerk of Circuit Courts. Just go to the Henrico County information desk and ask them where the Circuit Court Clerk's office is. Hope you have everything you need.

    Congrats!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, , USA
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    Ok.... so..... Got fingerprints rolled into the system, paid my 50bux, and submitted my app that day. Got 30 days to wait!

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran roscoe13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Catlett, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,134

    Post imported post

    ReadyAimFire wrote:
    Ok.... so..... Got fingerprints rolled into the system, paid my 50bux, and submitted my app that day. Got 30 days to wait!
    Actually, they've got 45 days...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, , USA
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    roscoe13 wrote:
    ReadyAimFire wrote:
    Ok.... so..... Got fingerprints rolled into the system, paid my 50bux, and submitted my app that day. Got 30 days to wait!
    Actually, they've got 45 days...
    yeah, but realisticly, she told me 30 max.....

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,043

    Post imported post

    ReadyAimFire wrote:
    roscoe13 wrote:
    ReadyAimFire wrote:
    Ok.... so..... Got fingerprints rolled into the system, paid my 50bux, and submitted my app that day. Got 30 days to wait!
    Actually, they've got 45 days...
    yeah, but realisticly, she told me 30 max.....
    Still, the law says 45 days

    When I got my permit (Prince William), they waited almost 45 days. I've heard it's gotten better though. I recently had it reissued and it took about 1 - 2 weeks. I've known some in Loudon County that got their's in less than a week. Still, I've also known some in Fairfax County that waited 45 days, if not more.

    I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors, nonetheless. The staff in the clerk's office, the clerk themselves, VSP, etc. etc.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    P. W., Virginia, USA
    Posts
    140

    Post imported post

    vrwmiller wrote:
    Still, the law says 45 days

    When I got my permit (Prince William), they waited almost 45 days. I've heard it's gotten better though. I recently had it reissued and it took about 1 - 2 weeks. I've known some in Loudon County that got their's in less than a week. Still, I've also known some in Fairfax County that waited 45 days, if not more.

    I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors, nonetheless. The staff in the clerk's office, the clerk themselves, VSP, etc. etc.
    I have been waiting since May 7. Hopefully it will show up soon. This is for Prince William by the way.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    Hehe...maybe they'll do to you what (un)Fairfax did to me! I got my permit in 32 days, but it was POST DATED for the 45th day! I had it and couldn't use it!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,043

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    Hehe...maybe they'll do to you what (un)Fairfax did to me! I got my permit in 32 days, but it was POST DATED for the 45th day! I had it and couldn't use it!
    Now that's just messed up.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    Ya.. Bob had to OC a few days longer..

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,043

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    Ya.. Bob had to OC a few days longer..
    Well, that's not the bad thing. The bad thing was the beaurocratic crap/red tape. Seems senseless to post date the permit. It wouldn't necessarily bug me unless it were colder outside, I tend to only conceal during the colder months.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    vrwmiller wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Ya.. Bob had to OC a few days longer..
    Well, that's not the bad thing. The bad thing was the beaurocratic crap/red tape. Seems senseless to post date the permit. It wouldn't necessarily bug me unless it were colder outside, I tend to only conceal during the colder months.
    Ya. but if you think about it.... it is only good for 5 years and they post dated it thinking it would take that long to get to him.

    They did not want to cheat him out of a few days between permits. So they were actually trying to do a good thing by post dating the active date in conjunction with the expire date. :P

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    Ya.. Bob had to OC a few days longer..
    I've used the permit when the gun was concealed in the car, but I've never CC'ed yet!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Got mine from PWC yesterday (May 30). It was issued on the 25th. Took 5 days to get from manassas (30 minutes from my house) to my mailbox. But it only took 1 day for the app to get to them.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    P. W., Virginia, USA
    Posts
    140

    Post imported post

    beradcee wrote:
    Got mine from PWC yesterday (May 30). It was issued on the 25th. Took 5 days to get from manassas (30 minutes from my house) to my mailbox. But it only took 1 day for the app to get to them.
    When did you apply for it?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    36

    Post imported post

    Anyone here ever submit a NR app? I hope to do so within about two weeks. Someone in a different thread said dealing with the state police is a little less frustrating in some cases.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •