• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Submitting Application in the morning....Henrico

ReadyAimFire

imported post

I'm submitting in the morning. Where exactly do I need to go? Is is the same court as civil/driving? And who do I see. Just wanna make sure I've got my stuff in order...?

vrwmiller

imported post

I assume you're referring to your CHP and not an employment application...

You submit it to the Clerk of Circuit Courts. Just go to the Henrico County information desk and ask them where the Circuit Court Clerk's office is. Hope you have everything you need.

Congrats!

ReadyAimFire

imported post

Yes, should have been more specific, and have proof of competancy with a firearm and form notorized... Guess I've got 30 days.......

vrwmiller wrote:
I assume you're referring to your CHP and not an employment application...

You submit it to the Clerk of Circuit Courts. Just go to the Henrico County information desk and ask them where the Circuit Court Clerk's office is. Hope you have everything you need.

Congrats!

ReadyAimFire

imported post

Ok.... so..... Got fingerprints rolled into the system, paid my 50bux, and submitted my app that day. Got 30 days to wait! :uhoh:

vrwmiller

imported post

ReadyAimFire wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
ReadyAimFire wrote:
Ok.... so..... Got fingerprints rolled into the system, paid my 50bux, and submitted my app that day. Got 30 days to wait! :uhoh:

Actually, they've got 45 days...
yeah, but realisticly, she told me 30 max.....
Still, the law says 45 days :)

When I got my permit (Prince William), they waited almost 45 days. I've heard it's gotten better though. I recently had it reissued and it took about 1 - 2 weeks. I've known some in Loudon County that got their's in less than a week. Still, I've also known some in Fairfax County that waited 45 days, if not more.

I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors, nonetheless. The staff in the clerk's office, the clerk themselves, VSP, etc. etc.

Scheetz

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Still, the law says 45 days :)

When I got my permit (Prince William), they waited almost 45 days. I've heard it's gotten better though. I recently had it reissued and it took about 1 - 2 weeks. I've known some in Loudon County that got their's in less than a week. Still, I've also known some in Fairfax County that waited 45 days, if not more.

I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors, nonetheless. The staff in the clerk's office, the clerk themselves, VSP, etc. etc.

I have been waiting since May 7. Hopefully it will show up soon. This is for Prince William by the way.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hehe...maybe they'll do to you what (un)Fairfax did to me! I got my permit in 32 days, but it was POST DATED for the 45th day! I had it and couldn't use it!

vrwmiller

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hehe...maybe they'll do to you what (un)Fairfax did to me! I got my permit in 32 days, but it was POST DATED for the 45th day! I had it and couldn't use it!

Now that's just messed up.

vrwmiller

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Ya.. Bob had to OC a few days longer.. :lol:

Well, that's not the bad thing. The bad thing was the beaurocratic crap/red tape. Seems senseless to post date the permit. It wouldn't necessarily bug me unless it were colder outside, I tend to only conceal during the colder months.

LEO 229

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Ya.. Bob had to OC a few days longer.. :lol:

Well, that's not the bad thing. The bad thing was the beaurocratic crap/red tape. Seems senseless to post date the permit. It wouldn't necessarily bug me unless it were colder outside, I tend to only conceal during the colder months.

Ya. but if you think about it.... it is only good for 5 years and they post dated it thinking it would take that long to get to him.

They did not want to cheat him out of a few days between permits. So they were actually trying to do a good thing by post dating the active date in conjunction with the expire date. :p

beradcee

imported post

Got mine from PWC yesterday (May 30). It was issued on the 25th. Took 5 days to get from manassas (30 minutes from my house) to my mailbox. But it only took 1 day for the app to get to them.

Scheetz

imported post

beradcee wrote:
Got mine from PWC yesterday (May 30). It was issued on the 25th. Took 5 days to get from manassas (30 minutes from my house) to my mailbox. But it only took 1 day for the app to get to them.

When did you apply for it?

SBD

imported post

Anyone here ever submit a NR app? I hope to do so within about two weeks. Someone in a different thread said dealing with the state police is a little less frustrating in some cases.