Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carrier spotted

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

So I'm at work tonight and I spot a guy carrying, concealing poorly. I work at Dicks, so we sell some firearms but we aren't like a dedicated gun store. Anyhow I strike off the conversation with a friendly what are you packing? Long story short I helped him pick out a shotgun and we chatted a bit about open carry and VCDL (he was joining up) and the Bloomberg gun giveaway. I guess he felt comfortable because he shifted from his poor concealment to OC of his Glock 35 before he checked out.

Oh and my definition of unicorn would be someone who wasn't hooked into VCDL or OCDO but figures out and exercises their right to open carry.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Well, lets get them off the endangered species list as quick as possible.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Well, lets get them off the endangered species list as quick as possible.
    I think the repopulation program is working.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Heh, heh, heh.

"What's your hobby?" "I'm a unicorn activist."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

And more unicorns means more Skittles.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Heh, heh, heh.

Now I know your crazy! Or your hitting the sauce too much again. Any pink elephants in your house??

Post imported post

I don't think 'we' realise how many people that aren't OCDO'er or VCDL'ers OC. I am surprised at the number of people that tell me, at an undisclosed location in Manassas, they OC or that they are going to OC. I might start keeping track of the numbers but I would guess 2 a week on average.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I never see anoyone OC unless they are walking into a gun show.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Heh, heh, heh.

Now I know your crazy! Or your hitting the sauce too much again. Any pink elephants in your house??
    The pink elephants only show up at my house when I'm not hitting the sauce. 8)

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Because
    A. Admin never leaves their desks, you have to be on the street to see it.
    B. I'm surprised you can see anything with those glasses.
    C. Filling out all those squad car accident forms take a while.
    D. I have your bicycle... I mean I found it and returned it to station though I deflated tires at request of Citizen. Something about blanks and S/N, I don't know.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Because
    D. I have your bicycle... I mean I found it and returned it to station though I deflated tires at request of Citizen. Something about blanks and S/N, I don't know.
    Oh My..... I cannot believe you said all that. I would expect as much from Citizen... but not you....

Post imported post

That was good one rabbit.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    rabbit994 wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Because
    Oh My..... I cannot believe you said all that. I would expect as much from Citizen... but not you....
    You can't lump us in with that[EDITED] martian.

Some mods have no sense of humor.

EDIT: Sure I do! - BC

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    and more skittles mean more rainbows, and more rainbows mean more leprechauns, and more leprechauns mean more hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers, and blue moons, pots of gold, and rainbows (this appears to be redundant [that lucky charms guy was on something]), and the red balloon. I CALL THE POTS OF GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy carrying,

Jason

oh and btw.........BEST GUY EVER!!! ---------------------------------------------------->:celebrate

Post imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    and more skittles mean more rainbows, and more rainbows mean more leprechauns, and more leprechauns mean more hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers, and blue moons, pots of gold, and rainbows (this appears to be redundant [that lucky charms guy was on something]), and the red balloon. I CALL THE POTS OF GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy carrying,

Jason

oh and btw.........BEST GUY EVER!!! ---------------------------------------------------->:celebrate
    Oh come on everyone knows there is no such things as leprechauns.

Post imported post

You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it. Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi. What say you?

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    longwatch wrote:

happy carrying,

Jason

Oh come on everyone knows there is no such things as leprechauns.
    don't question me

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it. Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi. What say you?
    No, because I have seen plenty of people dressed like that. Leprchauns are something you rarely see, like unicorns.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    No, because I have seen plenty of people dressed like that. Leprchauns are something you rarely see, like unicorns.
    Excellent point. There needs to be be a name for that kind of guy though.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Excellent point. There needs to be be a name for that kind of guy though.
    ummmm. 'dateless'?

actually, I have the pants, but thats as far as I am willing to go........

best pants ever.

Post imported post

You ever read any of the other states topics? Or even better look up other OC forums and read posts from other states? There are alot of people who want to OC and are scared to, alot of people who think OC is stupid and never think it through at all and just alot of people who think they are going to get in trouble if they oc.

How many here put their pants on and put their gun in their holster with the same thinking as you zip your fly? Well maybe some of you forget the fly more than your gun if i had to guess...lol...

But honestly its pretty funny that so many other states are scared about itwhen we dont think about it at all.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it.* Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi.* What say you?
    Excellent point.* There needs to be be a name for that kind of guy though.*
    Well, I am not so certain that you can reach the conclusions you have come to based on the equipment described. I wear those pants everyday. I do not wear the vest or pack.

But if you insist on a label I would think something more like "Wookie" would work. They are fairly rare (at least around here), and yet they are easy to spot. Wookies do carry (see starwars), and you almost never see them in groups. Beyond imperial storm troopers (government) they do not seem to fear many natural enemies, though they think every one is suspect.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

I don't know I see a few of those guys in my store every week.
    Edit to add: When they are buying ammo, I'd say its a pretty good clue.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Well, "Spook" would also work. That is what CIA, DEA, FBI, HSA, and other Feds are sometimes called, that dress like that. But there are some inappropriate uses of that same term, that kind of make me want to resist it's use.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Well, "Spook" would also work. That is what CIA, DEA, FBI, HSA, and other Feds are sometimes called, that dress like that. But there are some inappropriate uses of that same term, that kind of make me want to resist it's use.

Regards
    How about Casper then? As in Casper the friendly Ghost. In case anyone thinks I'm down on dressing that way, I'm not. Although I do think its as obvious as OC to anyone in the gun community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast