• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier spotted

PackininVB

imported post

You ever read any of the other states topics? Or even better look up other OC forums and read posts from other states? There are alot of people who want to OC and are scared to, alot of people who think OC is stupid and never think it through at all and just alot of people who think they are going to get in trouble if they oc.

How many here put their pants on and put their gun in their holster with the same thinking as you zip your fly? Well maybe some of you forget the fly more than your gun if i had to guess...lol...

But honestly its pretty funny that so many other states are scared about itwhen we dont think about it at all.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
longwatch wrote:
You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it.  Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi.  What say you?
No, because I have seen plenty of people dressed like that. Leprchauns are something you rarely see, like unicorns.
Excellent point.  There needs to be be a name for that kind of guy though. 

Well, I am not so certain that you can reach the conclusions you have come to based on the equipment described. I wear those pants everyday. I do not wear the vest or pack.

But if you insist on a label I would think something more like "Wookie" would work. They are fairly rare (at least around here), and yet they are easy to spot. Wookies do carry (see starwars), and you almost never see them in groups. Beyond imperial storm troopers (government) they do not seem to fear many natural enemies, though they think every one is suspect.

Regards

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I don't know I see a few of those guys in my store every week.
Edit to add: When they are buying ammo, I'd say its a pretty good clue.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, "Spook" would also work. That is what CIA, DEA, FBI, HSA, and other Feds are sometimes called, that dress like that. But there are some inappropriate uses of that same term, that kind of make me want to resist it's use.

Regards

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Well, "Spook" would also work. That is what CIA, DEA, FBI, HSA, and other Feds are sometimes called, that dress like that. But there are some inappropriate uses of that same term, that kind of make me want to resist it's use.

Regards
How about Casper then? As in Casper the friendly Ghost. In case anyone thinks I'm down on dressing that way, I'm not. Although I do think its as obvious as OC to anyone in the gun community.

CASPER.gif

riegnman

imported post

longwatch wrote:
You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it. Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi. What say you?

I would go with something like Pink Elephants. They are somewhat rare, (though most of us have seen them), and they are hard not to recognize when you do see one. Just about anybody knows that someone with a tac vest on is CC'ing.Usually when you are in a place that is posted "No Firearms". Or you could go with something along the lines of the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. Just suggestions.