• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier spotted

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

So I'm at work tonight and I spot a guy carrying, concealing poorly. I work at Dicks, so we sell some firearms but we aren't like a dedicated gun store. Anyhow I strike off the conversation with a friendly what are you packing? Long story short I helped him pick out a shotgun and we chatted a bit about open carry and VCDL (he was joining up) and the Bloomberg gun giveaway. I guess he felt comfortable because he shifted from his poor concealment to OC of his Glock 35 before he checked out.

Oh and my definition of unicorn would be someone who wasn't hooked into VCDL or OCDO but figures out and exercises their right to open carry. :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Heh, heh, heh.

"What's your hobby?" "I'm a unicorn activist."
Now I know your crazy! Or your hitting the sauce too much again. Any pink elephants in your house??

VAopencarry

imported post

I don't think 'we' realise how many people that aren't OCDO'er or VCDL'ers OC. I am surprised at the number of people that tell me, at an undisclosed location in Manassas, they OC or that they are going to OC. I might start keeping track of the numbers but I would guess 2 a week on average.

LEO 229

imported post

I never see anoyone OC unless they are walking into a gun show.

longwatch

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Heh, heh, heh.

"What's your hobby?" "I'm a unicorn activist."
Now I know your crazy! Or your hitting the sauce too much again. Any pink elephants in your house??
The pink elephants only show up at my house when I'm not hitting the sauce. 8)

rabbit994

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Because
A. Admin never leaves their desks, you have to be on the street to see it.
B. I'm surprised you can see anything with those glasses.
C. Filling out all those squad car accident forms take a while.
D. I have your bicycle... I mean I found it and returned it to station though I deflated tires at request of Citizen. Something about blanks and S/N, I don't know.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

LEO 229

imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Because
D. I have your bicycle... I mean I found it and returned it to station though I deflated tires at request of Citizen. Something about blanks and S/N, I don't know.
Oh My..... I cannot believe you said all that. I would expect as much from Citizen... but not you.... :lol:

rabbit994

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
rabbit994 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Because
Oh My..... I cannot believe you said all that. I would expect as much from Citizen... but not you.... :lol:
You can't lump us in with that[EDITED] martian.

Some mods have no sense of humor.

EDIT: Sure I do! - BC

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

longwatch wrote:
And more unicorns means more Skittles.
and more skittles mean more rainbows, and more rainbows mean more leprechauns, and more leprechauns mean more hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers, and blue moons, pots of gold, and rainbows (this appears to be redundant [that lucky charms guy was on something]), and the red balloon. I CALL THE POTS OF GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy carrying,

Jason

oh and btw.........BEST GUY EVER!!! ---------------------------------------------------->:celebrate

longwatch

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
longwatch wrote:
and more skittles mean more rainbows, and more rainbows mean more leprechauns, and more leprechauns mean more hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers, and blue moons, pots of gold, and rainbows (this appears to be redundant [that lucky charms guy was on something]), and the red balloon. I CALL THE POTS OF GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy carrying,

Jason

oh and btw.........BEST GUY EVER!!! ---------------------------------------------------->:celebrate
Oh come on everyone knows there is no such things as leprechauns.

longwatch

imported post

You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it. Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi. What say you?

leprechaun117

imported post

longwatch wrote:
KodiakISGOOD wrote:
longwatch wrote:

happy carrying,

Jason

Oh come on everyone knows there is no such things as leprechauns.
don't question me :cool:

Tomahawk

imported post

longwatch wrote:
You know what though Leprechaun would be a good name for a concealed carrier who is really obvious about it. Tactical vest, 5.11 pants, fanny pack by bianchi. What say you?
No, because I have seen plenty of people dressed like that. Leprchauns are something you rarely see, like unicorns.

longwatch

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
longwatch wrote:
No, because I have seen plenty of people dressed like that. Leprchauns are something you rarely see, like unicorns.
Excellent point. There needs to be be a name for that kind of guy though.

Tyler

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Excellent point. There needs to be be a name for that kind of guy though.

ummmm. 'dateless'?

actually, I have the pants, but thats as far as I am willing to go........

best pants ever. :)