• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meetup Memorial Day Weekend?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I find myself free this weekend after expecting to work. Anybody want to go shooting or have a meetup?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My wife's working Monday and we have nothing planned all weekend. I'd like to go shooting and have a meetup. Pistol? Rifle? I'll bring the Garand and 03's if we can find somewhere to shoot them!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
My wife's working Monday and we have nothing planned all weekend. I'd like to go shooting and have a meetup. Pistol? Rifle? I'll bring the Garand and 03's if we can find somewhere to shoot them!

Maybe I could get Dave to clean the rifles?? I don't think they've been fired in over 10 years. I know I haven't fired them.

I'm up for it. Dave's bike is in the shop, so we can't celebrate his birthday (tomorrow) with a ride.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
BobCav wrote:

Maybe I could get Dave to clean the rifles?? I don't think they've been fired in over 10 years. I know I haven't fired them.

I'm up for it. Dave's bike is in the shop, so we can't celebrate his birthday (tomorrow) with a ride.

Cool, Whatcha got Tess?

The only outdoor public range I know of is C.F. Phelps in Sumerduck and I've never been there.

unrequited, I have to use my CMP surplus ammo in the garand due to the gas curve and I have 1000+ rounds. Plenty to bruise DOZENS of shoulders!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Cool, Whatcha got Tess?

The only outdoor public range I know of is C.F. Phelps in Sumerduck and I've never been there.

unrequited, I have to use my CMP surplus ammo in the garand due to the gas curve and I have 1000+ rounds. Plenty to bruise DOZENS of shoulders!
Do I get kicked out for admitting I don't know? They're rifles. I think he has a shotgun too, but when I open the safe I see four rifles, at least one of which is a .22 Not like that even counts, 'lessn you're shootin' the critters in the garden.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I find myself free this weekend after expecting to work. Anybody want to go shooting or have a meetup?
How about shooting AND a meetup?

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:

I'd already thought of that. Unfortunately, it's only open September through March http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=17 :cry: Rifles, muzzle loading rifles & shotguns only.

There's a public range in Front Royal, but I called 5 minutes too late to talk to anyone, and they're not there to answer the phones on weekends... They've only got 50yds too...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I'm probably going shooting tomorrow. I go to an outdoor range that's 100 yard handgun/rifle, shotgun with trap and skeet, a stocked fishing pond, and archery. One of the best kept little secrets in Fairfax. I've been a member since 1994.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav-

As a retired Navy guy, you can arrange to sign out a range at Quantico Marine base.

At least you could before Sept 11, 2001. I presume this is still available to folks.

Regards

unrequited

imported post

Well I'll keep checking back tomorrow, but if you're doing a headcount for anything, I'm down if it's <1hr drive from Alexandria anytime Sunday. I'll be out most of the day tomorrow (Sat.) because it's the first day the pool's open at my apartment, and my ladyfriend wants to go swimming. > )