Thread: Open carry

Post imported post

Im from Maryland am i allowed to open carry anywhere in Virginia besides courtrooms,schools, etc???? its arevolver also if that matters!

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Basically in Virginia you can open carry anywhere but at schools, courthouses, airports, post offices (federal law), parks (CC with permit is allowed), church services, and places where it is posted that they are ant-gun. Also the owner or manager of a business that is anti-gun can ask you to leave his business and you must comply. For a clear, listing of VA gun laws you should go to the VCDL website.

Post imported post

proMaxx wrote:
    Im from Maryland am i allowed to open carry anywhere in Virginia besides courtrooms,schools, etc???? its arevolver also if that matters!
    Those legally allowed to possess a firearm can carry it openly while in the State of Virginia no matter what state they are from.

You will not find a law permitting it. There is a state police web page that makes reference to it being allowed.

I will post some links for you if Citizen does not beat me to it.

This is full of good info

http://vaguninfo.com/

Post imported post

mlands wrote:
    Basically in Virginia you can open carry anywhere but at schools, courthouses, airports, post offices (federal law), parks (CC with permit is allowed), church services, and places where it is posted that they are ant-gun. Also the owner or manager of a business that is anti-gun can ask you to leave his business and you must comply. For a clear, listing of VA gun laws you should go to the VCDL website.
    To further clarify the "parks", it is a reference to state parks. Parks that are owned and operated by local governments are not further restricted based on the state pre-emption.

Post imported post

You have to be 18 or older also.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson