• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry

proMaxx

imported post

Im from Maryland am i allowed to open carry anywhere in Virginia besides courtrooms,schools, etc???? its arevolver also if that matters!

mlands

imported post

Basically in Virginia you can open carry anywhere but at schools, courthouses, airports, post offices (federal law), parks (CC with permit is allowed), church services, and places where it is posted that they are ant-gun. Also the owner or manager of a business that is anti-gun can ask you to leave his business and you must comply. For a clear, listing of VA gun laws you should go to the VCDL website.

LEO 229

imported post

proMaxx wrote:
Im from Maryland am i allowed to open carry anywhere in Virginia besides courtrooms,schools, etc???? its arevolver also if that matters!

Those legally allowed to possess a firearm can carry it openly while in the State of Virginia no matter what state they are from.

You will not find a law permitting it. There is a state police web page that makes reference to it being allowed.

I will post some links for you if Citizen does not beat me to it. :D

This is full of good info

http://vaguninfo.com/

vrwmiller

imported post

mlands wrote:
Basically in Virginia you can open carry anywhere but at schools, courthouses, airports, post offices (federal law), parks (CC with permit is allowed), church services, and places where it is posted that they are ant-gun. Also the owner or manager of a business that is anti-gun can ask you to leave his business and you must comply. For a clear, listing of VA gun laws you should go to the VCDL website.

To further clarify the "parks", it is a reference to state parks. Parks that are owned and operated by local governments are not further restricted based on the state pre-emption.