• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

intro.

bno762

imported post

Hello guys. I'm a new member and just breaking the ice. I'm from the DFW area and would love to see open carry come to Texas.:)

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey bno762, welcome aboard! Be sure to check out all the forum areas as we have a lot of things going on all over the place. If you have any questions, just ask.

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

Welcome bno762! Always great to have new members - especially fellow Texans. Even though Texas is a "red" state (prohibits open carry) many of the Texas members on this forum have open carried in other states and feel strongly that open carry is long over-due in Texas. That is why the Texas Citizens Defense League was formed. Encouraged and assisted by the VCDL and AZCDL, the TCDL is your Texas-based political group where you canjoin with other like-minded Texans to work for this goal. Opencarry.org is - hands-down - the very best place to gain insight into the challenges we will face as we move toward open carry in Texas. Besides that - its an incredible community of men and women who are open-minded and willing to share their experiences and offer helpful suggestions. One day we will be able to proudly take our place along side the other open carry states and achieve "Gold Star" status! You can be instrumental in making this happen.

Gary Williams

President, TCDL

http://www.txcdl.org

txopencarry@txcdl.org

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/txopencarry/

Walter45Auto

imported post

Welcome from another Dallas member! I'd like to see open carry in Texas, too.

denwego

imported post

Welcome! Don't let the "Colorado" in my profile scare you off... if you're a Texan, you never really leave!

Glad to have you aboard for the good fight for OC in Texas. Most people in the general public can't believe open carry without a permit is legal; in Texas, people can't believe that it isn't legal :?