• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Lunch on the other side of the water

eBratt

imported post

Are there any OCers on the far side of the water that would be interested in a carry lunch? Ideally something in Kitsap county, but I would be open to suggestions.

Mortech

imported post

I live down in Mason county and frequently do around the Kamilche area . Years ago when I first moved here , you frequently saw old loggers open carrying but in the last 6 years or so ..NADA . So where about in 'Kidnap' ..er Kitsap county are you ?

eBratt

imported post

I personally haven't seen any and due to that fact, my wife insists on me not openly carrying with her around (too nervous about a bad police encounter).

I just recently got a OC worthy holster so I have started to OC in my local housing area fairly frequently and have had no reactions at all. Lonnie is working his magic with the Kitsap SO and some local PD's, so I anticipate venturing further out pretty soon.

The infrequency of OC in Kitsap Co is why I was looking to meet some others from the area who do (if there are any).

Bear 45/70

imported post

I open carry a lot in Mason County, when on foot and when riding quads. Never had a problem. However Kitsap country has a different attitude. I have been harassed by deputies in Kitsap when a dumbass threated to kick my ass because he cut me off and I honked at him in a parking lot, no less. Both myself and my racing partner were smiling at him when I short, friendly honked at him. Getting out of my car he saw my 1911. He chickened as they usually doand ran to tell the cops. The officers, an male and female,approached us in Red Robin and asked my buddy if he was carrying, they both were on him and ignored me. I stated that I was and we went outside where they disarmed me and unloaded my pistol even before asking if I had a CPL, which I do. After all that they handed the gun back, unloaded and left. Nothing ever came of it from the Kitsap prosecutor's office. I would however be in for an OC lunch, any day of the week. That is after a little research. Mainly asking the Kitsap Sheriff what his policy is on open carry.

eBratt

imported post

I wrote to them a few months back asking about their understanding of the law. Same old "if you alarm people you are violating the law" line. I IM'ed with Lonnie a week or two ago and he indicated that he was going to start following up with Kitsap CSO as well as the Poulsbo and Bainbridge Island PDs.

Maybe he can chime in with where he is at with his contact and these departments, although I bet the Pride events are at occupying a bit of his attention right now.

Mortech

imported post

Gotta love Mason county , hopefully the new sheriff is of the same quality as Steve was . I can even go walking around the area with my AK slung over my shoulder with out so much as a glance from the LEOs around here , I'd hate to see their reaction to that in a place like ...Tacoma . It was bad enough when Idrove through Seattle with my AR in my window rack of my pickup .

Bear 45/70

imported post

Mortech wrote:
Gotta love Mason county , hopefully the new sheriff is of the same quality as Steve was . I can even go walking around the area with my AK slung over my shoulder with out so much as a glance from the LEOs around here , I'd hate to see their reaction to that in a place like ...Tacoma . It was bad enough when Idrove through Seattle with my AR in my window rack of my pickup .
I happen to know the new Sheriff, Casey Salisbury,and he is a local boy who made it to the big time but hasn't forgotten what it's like to live here. Maybe he hasn't forgotten because he still lives in the county.