• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huh!?? Ashton Kutcher Open Carry's

AbNo

imported post

PackininVB wrote:
Tyler wrote:
'its a bb/flair/paintball gun'. :? 

definitely an XD. yeah, he should get a better belt, and the 'XD gear' holsters are so so....
Flair, not flare. its actually kinda funny if you get it.:)

As long as it holds at least 15 pieces of flair, I'm all right with it. :lol:

Though 15 pieces IS the minimum...

lordnitrox

imported post

I really have to agree with you on that one, I have nothing bad to say about women (other then my girlfriends driving skills*shudder*) I just don't want to become one

hogleg wrote:
Dude! all I can say is pull your pants up and wear that thing right. And by all means keep wearing it. I would never feel at ease with a gun pointing at my johnson no matter what..............:shock:

New World Minuteman

imported post

Particle wrote:
Some of those comments on the page linked to make me sick.

I posted about my new best friend, Fluffy, in another forum a while back and got a wide mix of replies as well. It's frustrating to me how backwards and twisted many anti-gun people's ideas are regarding firearms.

Somebody said that they find firearms morally objectionable for any use other than killing people in self defense or hunting for food. So apparently using guns for non-violent activities is horrendously sinful compared to intentionally killing somebody. They refuse to accept a logical argument. Why are there people like this? It's absurd what some people believe.
Wouldn't something that small or short be illegal? Or does it depend on where you live?

BluesBear

imported post

New World Minuteman wrote:
Wouldn't something that small or short be illegal? Or does it depend on where you live?

That is an AR15 Pistol. The receiver was manufactured as and it's serial number so registered with the BATF as a handgun. As it is it is lawful in MOST areas of the US.

However to put a stock on it with that barrel would be unlawful or to put a longer barrel, with out adding a stock, COULD be unlawful.

As it is, in the State of Washington, it could be lawfully carried, even concealed (with a valid CPL).

Superlite27

imported post

If it's an AR15 pistol, where's the buffer spring tube?

It kinda resembles an XD to me, of course I will admit that the photograph makes it hard to I.D. for me, so I'm not certain.

But I am certain it isn't an AR15. (No tube)

Hey, he might be carrying it sloppy, but AT LEAST HE'S CARRYING IT and drawing press.

BluesBear

imported post

Please pay attention and at least try to keep up :quirky

I was referring to "Fluffy" the AR pistol referred to by member Particle.

It's been long ago established that Ashton owns an XD.

Oh yeah, by the way, the best AR pistol is the one made by our friends down at OlympicArms. And it does NOT have a buffer tube.

Superlite27

imported post

O.K., BluesBear, since you want to act so condescending, I'll try and pay close attention to your response to this:

What the hell does "Fluffy" or AR15's not having buffer tubes have to do with Ashton Kutcher open carrying?

My simple mind might have an easier time "keeping up" if COMMENTS WERE RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC THEY WERE POSTED UNDER.

Oh, by the way, I'm sure your AR is the bestest of the best of all AR15's ever made. Therest of us slow ignorant people who can't keep up only carry rusty old pieces of junk. What this has to do with Ashton Kutcher is beyond my meager reasoning skills.

I bow to your evidently superior purchasing ability. You are a god amongst men.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
O.K., BluesBear, since you want to act so condescending, I'll try and pay close attention to your response to this:

What the hell does "Fluffy" or AR15's not having buffer tubes have to do with Ashton Kutcher open carrying?

My simple mind might have an easier time "keeping up" if COMMENTS WERE RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC THEY WERE POSTED UNDER.

Oh, by the way, I'm sure your AR is the bestest of the best of all AR15's ever made. Therest of us slow ignorant people who can't keep up only carry rusty old pieces of junk. What this has to do with Ashton Kutcher is beyond my meager reasoning skills.

I bow to your evidently superior purchasing ability. You are a god amongst men.
LOL, its not even bluesbear's AR15.... its Particle's.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

:what::?:what::?

What happened? The last time I read this thread, we were talking about blowing our "junk" off... What an odd change of conversation.....

expvideo

imported post

I read this thread back in may, and I've seen Ashton Kutcher in a different light ever since. Before, I didn't care for him much. But now, for some odd reason, I think he might have a little bit of sense after all :D

expvideo

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
New World Minuteman wrote:

That is an AR15 Pistol. The receiver was manufactured as and it's serial number so registered with the BATF as a handgun. As it is it is lawful in MOST areas of the US.

However to put a stock on it with that barrel would be unlawful or to put a longer barrel, with out adding a stock, COULD be unlawful.

As it is, in the State of Washington, it could be lawfully carried, even concealed (with a valid CPL).

I've been drooling over that carbon 15 pistol for a while now, and I think I might actually pick one up eventually (ok, so I know that's not true, but I can dream, right?) for the purpose of creating the perfect bump-from-the-shoulder project out of it. Another nice feature of a rifle style pistol is that since it isn't a rifle, you can keep it loaded in a car. It would be an excellant weapon to keep in my vehicle. Hell, while I'm dreaming it would be nice to have one in each vehicle...

I remember a time when I could spend hundreds of dollars without consequences. Sadly, under our wonderful new economy, I will have to wait about a year between major firearm purchases. A $700-900 gun is a once a year thing, if that. So now I'm stuck between a fun pistol-rifle, or an M4 carbine as my next (very distant) purchase.

SparxSP

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Who is "Ashton"? I've never heard of him...
Outside of TV, he co-starred with Kevin Costner in "The Guardian" a couple of years back. Really a stellar movie, imho, and I kind of liked the guy. "Price of his stock"certainly increases as a fellow gun owner.