Thread: Card from the Sheriff's office.

York Springs, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I was sitting here looking through some old papers the other day and I found one that was given to me by the Sheriffs department when I got my LTCF. It says "Some things to consider: (has a list of things but my concearn is number 2, which reads as follows) 2.Your firearm MUST be concealed at all times. Overt and unnecessary display of your firearm in public places can cause alarm and adverse reactionsby your fellow-citizens, and create embarrassing situations, which could result in the revocation of your license. Carrying a firearm creates thepossibility of it being taken away from you and used against youor another person." it's worded, underlined and bolded just like I typed it. This would be the Cumberland County Sheriff's office in PA.

any thoughts?

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA

Post imported post

I am not a PA resident; but have relatives and friends in PA.

I'm not able to quote the law; but I can't recall a duty to conceal being connected with an LTCF. I'm pretty sure open carry is not barred in PA.

You can start by checking the map on this site, and following the links to relevant PA laws. Nothing like seeing the law for yourself.

It looks to me like the Sheriff has mixed his tactical and social advice with the law.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

The sheriff has mistaken his opinion for law.

This is quite the norm in PA and is what we hope to correct. OC is growing and the word is getting around. The LEO dept's have no choice but to correct their actions, it's just a matter of time.

Send him a training memo: