• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Card from the Sheriff's office.

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

I was sitting here looking through some old papers the other day and I found one that was given to me by the Sheriffs department when I got my LTCF. It says "Some things to consider: (has a list of things but my concearn is number 2, which reads as follows) 2.Your firearm MUST be concealed at all times. Overt and unnecessary display of your firearm in public places can cause alarm and adverse reactionsby your fellow-citizens, and create embarrassing situations, which could result in the revocation of your license. Carrying a firearm creates thepossibility of it being taken away from you and used against youor another person." it's worded, underlined and bolded just like I typed it. This would be the Cumberland County Sheriff's office in PA.

any thoughts?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am not a PA resident; but have relatives and friends in PA.

I'm not able to quote the law; but I can't recall a duty to conceal being connected with an LTCF. I'm pretty sure open carry is not barred in PA.

You can start by checking the map on this site, and following the links to relevant PA laws. Nothing like seeing the law for yourself.

It looks to me like the Sheriff has mixed his tactical and social advice with the law.