Thread: advice from VCDL to NC

Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

Howdy neighbors.

I'm very impressed with how well the VCDL has reclaimed their constitutional rights to open carry in Virginia. I'd love to replicate that success in North Carolina. I'm interested in learning more about how it was done.

I *am* a member of the GRNC but I think they have some organizational issues or something... the web site is horribly mismanaged and I don't really see them making a concerted effort to push Open Carry rights in the state. They ARE doing some great things, and I will CONTINUE to support them on those matters. But I'm thinking that the Open Carry issue may require a group dedicated to this single issue, hopefully working in CONJUNCTION with the GRNC.

So from those on the inside that made it happen, tell me, what did you do? How would you have done it differently?

Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Post imported post

I have been a member of VCDL for 2 years now, and wouldn't be able to comment on structural/organizational issues much, but I know VCDL has offered assistance in setting up like minded organizations in Texas and WV.

PVC could give you a better idea of how to go about it.