Thread: OC holster for the new Ruger P95 w/rail

Post imported post

I've been looking around for a while for a good quality holster for my p95, but nobody makes and synthetic holsters for the new model with the rail yet. I'm not really fond of leather holsters. Would prefer my friends blackhawk serpa holster for his S&W glock clone. But I know they don't make them for mine. Anything out there?

Post imported post

Old thread resurrection bump.

I've got one of these fine pistols now. I can't seem to determine if the Unkle Mike's, Fobus, and Blade-Tech P95 offerings fit the P95 w/ rail.

Anybody?

Post imported post

The Uncle Mikes Kydex holster will not fit the model with the rail...I know this first-hand. Luckly I have two 'older' P95s that fits it just fine so it wasn't a loss

Post imported post

Aww shucks, and it looks like the Fobus won't, either. Looks like I'm stuck with nylon or leather.

Post imported post

I ended up getting an M7X Matrix from Galco. It seems pretty sloppy when you holster without wearing it, but when it's on your belt it fits in there pretty tight. Easy to draw, but it never comes out without intention. I like that it only convers the trigger guard and ejection port and the rest of the gun can be seen, looks good.

Post imported post

Weird, now I'm hearing the Uncle Mike's stuff fits (at least certain model #'s). See here for more info:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=34424

I'm gonna go ahead and order the paddle w/strap (#5616-1).

Post imported post

t3rmin wrote:
    Weird, now I'm hearing the Uncle Mike's stuff fits (at least certain model #'s). See here for more info:

Well, I'll have to go back and double check again...I may have been mistaken.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    t3rmin wrote:

Maybe you have a different model or an earlier version (of the holster)?

Post imported post

t3rmin wrote:
    nova wrote:
    t3rmin wrote:

Maybe you have a different model or an earlier version (of the holster)?
    I had thought the same thing. I don't even remember when I bought the holster...

Post imported post

You might check with http://www.simplyrugged.com to see if they can make you one of their fine holsters. I don't have one yet, but am placing an order for my S&W629 6" as I wear a strong side belt slide holster now.

Post imported post

Report:

The Uncle Mike's holster works fine, provided you break it in a bit and keep the tension screws loose-ish. I'm not entirely sure it is made to accommodate the rail, but it works nonetheless.

I had to make another hole in the strap with a hot nail to get it tight enough without dropping the thumb break too low.

The hooks that hold on to the outside of your belt to prevent unintentional removal seem to be made for 2" duty belts, so there's some slop. But there are also some "nubbins" that keep things pretty tight under normal operation. Sometimes on a draw, though, the thing slides up until it hits the hooks. But it WILL NOT come off without deliberate removal.

All-in-all I'm pretty pleased, considering it's apparently my ONLY option...

Post imported post

Update: after my strap modification and break-in period, I'm really liking this holster. It's sturdy, well-engineered, has good retention, and the gun draws well. If you have a P-95 w/rail, don't hesitate to buy this holster.

Also, I really like the gun!

Post imported post

Another update:

I found another Uncle Mike's kydex paddle for my P95 on clearance for $5 at a local store. So I thought I'd experiment a little bit.

After removing the paddle part, I used boiling water to heat the holster and molded it to perfectly fit the P95 w/rail. Took about 30min and it came out great! It fits perfectly around the rail area and trigger guard, which it doesn't stock. Retention and draw are very nice. It clicks into place just like it should.

Post imported post

I have a P95 and love it. if you want a black hawk holster still then I found out the XD holster fits it like a glove.

Post imported post

What is the model of the Holster? Be specific please.

Does your Ruger actually have the Tac Rail?