• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisiana Open Carry Essentials.

PAPACHUCK

imported post

A big howdy from Slidell. I do ocassionally get to the BR area, and would absolutely love to go OC'ing with those of you interested. Is there a range or something to use as an excuse to go to BR. I could always tell the wife I need to do some shopping(JIM's):lol:!

On the same note, If any of you want to come down to Slidell, our LEO's need some educating also.:uhoh:

preacher

imported post

There are indoor ranges in either Slidell or BR if that is what we were going to do.

Might be nice to just have lunch and hang out a bit.

Hammond has no range, but does have resturants and is 40-45 miles from both.

I don't know about Gonzales after your experiences there Mark.

Whatever y'all would like, I may come if I have the time when you schedule it.

100Percen%

imported post

If we wanted to hit the range in BR there's Precision right down the street from Jim's. I go there all the time.

CrashVector

imported post

I wont be shooting at precision. Ever.

The first (and last) time I was there, I was struck by two of my own bullets. The hit the backstop and flew right back at me. One hit me in the right shoulder, the other hit me in the left upper chest.

Both left one HELL of a bruise.

100Percen%

imported post

WOW! What happened after you got hit? I said I go there all the time but I haven't been in a minute. Not since they changed management. They at least used to be awesome.

CrashVector

imported post

100Percen% wrote:
WOW! What happened after you got hit? I said I go there all the time but I haven't been in a minute. Not since they changed management. They at least used to be awesome.

I packed up all my stuff, walked out of the range, showed the manager the bruises, and told him I would never be back.

CrashVector

imported post

100Percen% wrote:
That is wild. I don't know of any other ranges in BR though.

I shoot at Sherburne WMA. I take at least one trip there a week. You head up 190 (airline) towards opelousas, turn before the big bridge right before Krotz Springs.

I do a fair amount of rabbit hunting there with my Ruger 22/45 pistol with ironsights. Keeps me sharp ;)

constitutionlover

imported post

Its been a while since I've checked this board, hehe.

I've been open carrying a lot though...its been great, actually.

I Open Carry at:
Walmart
Target
Whole Foods
Mall of Louisiana
Barnes & Noble
...etc.

So far I've simply had to educate a few ladies at the jewelery counter in Walmart, and I get glares from Un-Armed security guards at Target.

Un-Armed security...I know its a job, but...I turn down jobs where I have to handle criminals if I cant carry a firearm. Thats just silly & dangerous..."unarmed security."

www.ronpaul2008.com

www.dailypaul.com

www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Thats the man right there! ^^^

But its not me.

100Percen%

imported post

Have we just forgotten about planning an open carry outing? I made my first serious step toward open carry thursday. I went to Jim's and bought a Blackhawk Level 2 Serpa Auto Lock. I didn't carry that day cause my next and last stop was Buffalo Wild Wings. I haven't carried yet cause all I do is go to work except on off days. Come tuesday I'm carrying everywhere I can.:celebrate

CrashVector

imported post

100Percen% wrote:
Have we just forgotten about planning an open carry outing? I made my first serious step toward open carry thursday. I went to Jim's and bought a Blackhawk Level 2 Serpa Auto Lock. I didn't carry that day cause my next and last stop was Buffalo Wild Wings. I haven't carried yet cause all I do is go to work except on off days. Come tuesday I'm carrying everywhere I can.:celebrate
No....I tried for three WEEKS to get everyone together. No one even bothered to reply to my posts.

100Percen%

imported post

That sucks. Mark was the first one I talked to about it. If at least us three can get together then hey, three's company.

firefighter9158

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I've been hoping/trying to loosely organize the few open carry folks around BR for casual outings. As long as you're 18 and not a convicted felon, I have no problem with associating with anyone openly carrying. Maybe we can entice Crashvector into joining us (and others?) for an open carry get together.............!!!!
what about a felon that can Legally own and posses a firearm ?

FreeCitizen

imported post

I really wish that I lived closer to BR. I'd love to get together with y'all for lunch or something. Unfortunately (for me) I live in Leesville. I have yet to see anyone from around here on this site - and I NEVER see anyone here OCing except me and my girl. If there are folks on here that live around here, it would be kool to get together for lunch or to hit the MWR range at Ft. Polk on my week off.

firefighter9158

imported post

the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office range is open to the public, on the 2nd & 4th. thursday of each month, that would be a interesting place to practice !

MEMismyHero

Banned
imported post

backdraft522 wrote:
the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office range is open to the public, on the 2nd & 4th. thursday of each month, that would be a interesting place to practice !
I have been wanting to go there for a while. What can you tell me about the place? what kinda rules, etc.

Swampwood

imported post

CrashVector wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I've been hoping/trying to loosely organize the few open carry folks around BR for casual outings. As long as you're 18 and not a convicted felon, I have no problem with associating with anyone openly carrying. Maybe we can entice Crashvector into joining us (and others?) for an open carry get together.............!!!!

I'm a fairly busy guy. Most of the time, I'm working until late at night (I'm a nurse). I wouldn't mind getting together when I'm off though.

Although trying to work around a nurse's schedule is gonna be pretty hard.

Hello from Krotz Springs... Nurse also