• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penn And Teller "Bullshit" segment on gun control (video)

compmanio365

imported post

Awesome show :) Wish I could burn it all to DVD and make copies for all the anti's out there.......tell them "See?? THIS is why I keep and bear arms.......stop believing the lies some people want you to think are true......"

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

compmanio365,

You can get it at least two ways...and putting it on a CD-R would be less waste of space vs. using a DVD.

1. Use a website like KeepVid (http://keepvid.com/)to capture the YouTube/whatever video in FLV format (Flash Video), which can be played by several FREE FLV players available online -- or the excellent and also free VLC Media Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) which plays just about anything of almost any video codec including FLV files.The FLV filecan be put on a CD-R and give it to someone but they'd need a FLV player (like VLC) to view it...you could puta copy of VLCon the same CD-R if you wanted to so the person would have it to install.

or, less complicated,

2. Use a P2P program like EMule to download it already made into in MPG or AVI format by someone; said MPG/AVI filecan then be played by most video media players...and it can be put on a CD-R you can give to others with no "exotic decoding program" (FLV player) needed.

Doing a search on EMule, I saw two AVI and one MPG versions available of this video (the 2 others shown are incomplete).

The FLV version I have (using KeepVid to capture it from YouTube) is almost 21 MB in size and the AVI/MPG files on EMule range from233to 279 MB in sizeall of which would go onto a CD-R with lots of room to spare.

Most other Penn & Teller"Bullshit" episodes are also listed on EMule.

There are probably more ways to get it but these two willdo it for you.

Good luck,

-- John D.

just_a_car

imported post

Since I don't intend on admitting to doing anything illegal on here, as those shows are copyrighted to Showtime, I'll only say that there are torrents out there that can be downloaded that have all four seasons of the show, all 49 episodes. That means that, if someone had downloaded them all, it would be about 11 Gigabytes. But, due to DVD-R's containing 4GB of space, after receiving a request for them in a PM, one could burn all the episodes on three DVD-R's and charge for just the cost of the DVD-R's and the shipping, e.g. the overhead, no profit. That is if someone had downloaded them all. ;)

One could also get a torrent client, such as BitComet and take the time to download the 11 Gigs. Don't be surprised if it takes a month or so of downloading while you're working on your computer; that's with a fast connection. We are talking about 11,000 Megabytes here.

ChronoSphere

imported post

I saw that episode of Bullshit a while back, its great. I recommend watching it if you get the opportunity. In fact, all their shows are very good - you may not agree with some of them (they are not always, liberal, or conservative, and seem to take great pleasure at making whatever their target is squirm, but you will at least laugh and maybe open your eyes a little bit.

ne1

imported post

It would be interesting to hear what they (particularly Teller) have to say about free speech, also. :D