• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater area June OC Meetup?

Kevin108

imported post

I got too overbooked to make last month. Let's get this thing planned out!
Maybe somewhere between Chesapeake Square and downtown Portsmouth?

Bubba Ron

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
I got too overbooked to make last month. Let's get this thing planned out!
Maybe somewhere between Chesapeake Square and downtown Portsmouth?
Since this is your neck of the woods, do you have any suggestions as to a place? We've already dined at the Golden Corral off Chesapeake Square Mall and they did ask us to come back, but are there other places that canseat 20 - 25 people together in thePortsmouth area?

Kevin108

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Since this is your neck of the woods, do you have any suggestions as to a place? We've already dined at the Golden Corral off Chesapeake Square Mall and they did ask us to come back, but are there other places that canseat 20 - 25 people together in thePortsmouth area?

Today has been insane but I'm going to work on a list of the locations I can think of tomorrow!

C

ccloud43

imported post

Thur the 14th is good for me. Actually any night is good for me. Will have to try and help the wife get a night off from work so she can go. I was just thinking and for the life of me i cant remember any time that I have eaten in a restaurant in Portsmouth, and I have lived here for 17 years.

Kevin108

imported post

The 14th is gonna be busy but I still think I can do it.

I'll have to call them to make sure, but Paradocks (in the old Montgomery Ward Tire Center) at Chesapeake Square should be able to accomodate us.

Any other suggestions?

D

Desertdoc

imported post

I only have two request.... Not Chilli's... and not Applesbees. I work at both of them. not sure how it would go over if i came in. Although when leave chilli's its game on. I know one manager would not have a problem with it. In fact he is a VCDL member.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The 14th is fine for me. One of you Southsiders has to come up with a place.

Why don't we try inviting an MMMer to make the evening more exciting?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
The 14th is fine for me. One of you Southsiders has to come up with a place.

Why don't we try inviting an MMMer to make the evening more exciting?

Recommend you invite Martina Leinz or Terry Hartnett. Apparently you can contact them via the form at: http://www.millionmommarch.org/chapters/contact.php?chapter=23

In their spirit of openness, they choose not to have an e-mail address that can be used.

Bubba Ron

imported post

MSgt B wrote:
Paradocks sounds good; I'll need directions though.

Wife and I will be there on the 14th.
There are very good directions in the link above from ccloud43. If it will copy and paste, here it is: paradocks- looks like it'll work :) Look under "INFO" then "LOCATIONS". This place looks really great.

C

ccloud43

imported post

Talked to some people at work and they say Paradocks has great food. I know i will be there. Wife may not make it because of work but im still working on it with her:(

Kevin108

imported post

From 664 take exit 11B (Portsmouth Blvd West)
Get in your left lane
Take your 4th left (at Burger King)
Paradocks is on your right behind Mattress Discounters

I was going to post a link to Google Maps but the map is wrong.

I used to have a local ATV community at TidewaterATV.com and we had a large dinner at Paradocks once that went very well. Hopefully ours will be equally enjoyable!

I called just now and spoke with a manager. We're set for 20-25 people at 7:00 pm. If I need to call her back and make any changes or if she needs to have someone else's contact information instead of mine, please let me know!

I hope I'm not overstepping my role as the FNG here, I just called to inquire about availability and she asked for my contact info so it seemed the easiest thing to do was to provide her with it.