Thread: S 1348

Post imported post

OT

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Kelly J wrote:
    This is very lengthy and would probably take an Really good Lawyer to digest it, I sure do not have the smarts to understand it, but I can tell you for sure this was not a spur of the moment thing that was just thrown together to get the ball rolling.

S1348

This poll shows that we are not happy with this bill.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/just_26_favor_senate_immigration_plan
    So how do you know you aren't happy with it if you can't understand it?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

OT

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I don't disagree with your assessment of the issue. However, it is incumbent upon each of us, as Americans, to understand that which we stand for, or against.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    I don't disagree with your assessment of the issue. However, it is incumbent upon each of us, as Americans, to understand that which we stand for, or against.
    OT

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tess wrote:

Or at least be able to remember there is a quoteby a Founderagainst laws being too hard to understand or too changing for anybody to know what the law is. (Notice I didn't say remember the quote itself. Sigh.)

Or at least be able to recognizeenough to suspectwhen there is likely to be sneakyness hidden in all the mumbo-jumbo.

At one level, if they want me to understand it, they'll make it understandable. If they make it not-understandable, I have to wonder why.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.