• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Matthew 10:36

Legba

imported post

My boss - an FFL licensee who runs the gun shop - asked me what I thought I was doing OCing to work since my car died. I explained that I can't legally transport it any other way, to which he said flatly that "it is illegal to carry a gun without a permit." I reminded him that that only applied to concealed carry, to which he basically told me that not only was Iwrong, but I was a smart-ass know-it-all who had better notdareto call him for bail or time off work when I get hauled in by the police over this. This from an employer who requires that I carry at work. His theory is that most of the cops in town here recognize me from the shop and that's why I'm getting special treatment by not getting arrested (yeah, right). He has a permit that he doesn't even use, and I guess it just pains him to realize that he spent $150 for naught. Anyway, this episode satisfies my perverse need for irony. I thought I'd share. ;-/

-ljp

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Don't argue, print the regs (pertinent sectins bolded) and hand them to him.
If he says something like he doesn't have time to read them or the like then you can reply that he is then in no way able to tell you, someone who HAS read them, what is legal and illegal.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

As for the State of Utah I would have shown him,

Utah Code Section 76-10-505

[size=-1]76-10-505. Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street. (1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm: ...
le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_0C034.htm - 2k - Cached - Similar pages[/size]

[size=-1] 76-10-505. Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street.
(1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm:
(a) in or on a vehicle;
(b) on any public street; or
(c) in a posted prohibited area.
(2) A violation of this section is a class B misdemeanor.

Amended by Chapter 328, 1990 General Session
Download Code Section Zipped WP 6/7/8 76_0C034.ZIP 1,712 Bytes

I WOULD HAVE STATED AFTER SHOWING HIM THIS "-Working with firearms Like You and I do we have to

be knowlegable enough to tell customers what their RIGHTS are under the U.S CONSTITUTIONAND

UTAH STATE CONSTITUTION

Utah Code -- Constitution -- Utah Constitution

[size=-1]Utah Code -- Constitution -- Utah Constitution ... Constitution Article 02 State Boundaries: WP Zipped -- 2671 bytes; Constitution Article 03 Ordinance ...
le.utah.gov/~code/const/const.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages[/size]
[size=-1]
Constitution Article 01 Declaration of Rights
WP Zipped -- 48,676 bytes
Article I, Section 1 [Inherent and inalienable rights.]
WP Zipped -- 1,788 bytes -- Last Update 09-Aug-02
Article I, Section 1. [Inherent and inalienable rights.]
All men have the inherent and inalienable right to enjoy and defend their lives and liberties; to acquire, possess and protect property; to worship according to the dictates of their consciences; to assemble peaceably, protest against wrongs, and petition for redress of grievances; to communicate freely their thoughts and opinions, being responsible for the abuse of that right.

No History for Constitution
Download Code Section Zipped WP 6/7/8 CO_02002.ZIP 1,788 Bytes

[/size]

GOOD LUCK
[/size]