• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights Activist's case moves to Supreme Court

reefteach

imported post

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/news/2007/06/03/threats_not_free/

Rick Stanley open carried a firearm in Thornton Colorado against municpal code, and prior to state preemption. After arrest, and loss of the case, he told judges they must reverse their decisions or

result in a treason charge against Charles Rose for failure to uphold the oath of office to defend the Constitutions, which this Court has a copy of, and Charles Rose swore to, as a “condition” of his office. This treason charge will result in a Mutual Defense Pact Militia warrant for Charles Rose’s arrest if the following conditions are not met:
He got a conviction of attempting to influence a public official for that. He is arguing 1st amendment protection for the arrest threat.

Updated with link.oops.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What a bunch of CRAP! There was no threat of violence!

Treason is punishable by death ONLY IF CONVICTED! Those judges were only CHARGED, not convicted.

If they were truly innocent, they would have nothing to fear, right? Isn't that the same drivel they force down everyone else's throats? I guess what's good for the goose isn't as good for the gander.

More and more, you will see the true corruptionof thesystem reveal itself.

"Good men have the fewest fears" - Christian Nevell Bovee

unrequited

imported post

Wow, this guy has a big set. If everything he said checks out legally, I don't see how it'll end up badly for him, no matter how off it may have sounded to the Judges. Good case to watch.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While it might be nice if we could just go out and arrest public officials who don't do as we would like, the reality is that it just does not work that way.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not arrest just those that don't do as we like, but those that don't perform their duties as required by law and the mandate of their office.