• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How To Keep Thieves From Stealing Beer

Liberitarian

imported post

A couple kids bust into a convenient store a grab 2 cases of beer and attempt to walk right out the door. The owner tells them to stop and when they refuse he pulls out an AK47.

http://www.break.com/index/owner-stops-thief-from-stealing-beer.html

Hurray for the good guys!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

this other video is completely unrelated but its the funniest thing i've ever seen! seriously take the time to watch it!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.break.com/index/judge-judy-sound-board-prank.html

unrequited

imported post

Wow... what's he aiming at right at the end, the same two kids who don't get the point? I think this is kind of ridiculous though, it's $20 vs. drawing on and possibly killing these two kids. If they had weapons or both tried to attack the guy, that's another story altogether.

Liberitarian

imported post

Its not a matter of weather they represented a physical threat to him or not, im sure he never intented to fire the weapon, it was just a matter of defending his property. If he hadnt stood up to those punks how do you know that they wouldnt have come back with the intent of stealing more or even to cause him harm since by not defending his twenty dollars of merchandisehe would have conveyed the message that he wasnt willing to put up any resistance.

unrequited

imported post

I don't own or operate a business, so I don't know how the law works concerning defense of property, just stating my feelings on what I saw. I don't think there was a need to follow the kids out of the store, and aim them down, but then again it's a bad camera angle and I have no clue as to what he was actually aiming at. Just my gut feeling.

1st freedom

imported post

HankT,,

I really don't get you,, when you post somthing it's allways well thought out and well worded, but what you say leaves me :banghead:.

I think it's that your sarcasume boarders on erougants.

you often seem to have pro-2A ideas, but you critizise when those rights are exersiced. It's a pattern, we see it every day,and when you do critizise you'r kindof an a$$hole about it.

What the hell's up with you?

OH'' YAH,, can't forget the :celebrate

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Wow... what's he aiming at right at the end, the same two kids who don't get the point? I think this is kind of ridiculous though, it's $20 vs. drawing on and possibly killing these two kids. If they had weapons or both tried to attack the guy, that's another story altogether.

Well I am not sure where this took place at but he very well could have legally shot both of them if this is considered a forcible felony in a state that has a 'stand your ground' type statute.

I think this is good that people have the ability to 'shock' these criminals, maybe if they were stopped enough by citizens they would think twice before trying it again, but thats just wishful thinkin!

Tomahawk

imported post

10987654321 wrote:
Dont forget to watch the second video.
Absolute classic! I hate Judge Judy, but this is soooo funnny! I love how the dude laughs and feeds his face while tormenting the caller. Outragous! Outragous! Outragous! How old are you!? Do you own a television set?! Outragous!

Jack Hollowpoint

imported post

On the Deschutes River in central Oregon "cooler boosting" is a favorite sport of frat boy types. They expect they can boost your cooler while you're in your sleeping bag, or down river fishing.

So, about dawn one July morning I hear this "tuna boat" rolling into my campsite. I was at a ODOT gravel pit, used for highway maintenance, and a decent place to shoot, watch meteor showers after dark.

I'm in my sleeping bag, in the back of my pickup truck, under the canopy. My cooler is out on the ground, along with some camp gear. Here comes their tuna trawler, right toward my truck. The gravel pit is huge, they have all sorts of options beside coming at my vehicle.

I sit up in the truck, rack the slide on a 1911 and hold it "high port."

And I hear as they roll past . . .

"He's awake, and he's got a gun."

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Tomahawk

imported post

Yeah, rolling up on somebody's campsite is a good way to get yourself a few extra holes. I tend to sleep fairly light when I'm outdoors, and I always have a surprise handy for unwanted guests just in case.