• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Here!!!

hk955

imported post

Found the website by mistake during a search for open carry laws in MO. Lurked for a couple of days and have to say there is quite a bit of info to take in here.

Site great and I hope to talk to ya'll soon!!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hk955 wrote:
Found the website by mistake during a search for open carry laws in MO. Lurked for a couple of days and have to say there is quite a bit of info to take in here.

Site great and I hope to talk to ya'll soon!!

HK955, We're glad you found it by mistake and hope you'll stay intentionally!

Hope to see you in the forums.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome, HK955. This is the site for open carry information, gun-related topics and Shakespearean quotations. Lots of knowledgeable folks here.

BTW, can you post a full size version of your avatar pic?

It's kind of hard to see... :cool:

hk955

imported post

It's a silly ass picture, but I thought it was pretty damn funny when I saw it. I added the following description....

These two brave Marines were attacked by a trophy sized squirrel while on patrol. They eliminated the threat with aggressive fields of fire and the natural tenacity of the United States Marine!!!

Attachments

• trophysquirl.jpg
    trophysquirl.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 198

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome, hk955!!

Love that picture!! I think that's VAopencarry on the left and Tex1n on the right. :D

Don't let Mr. Y see it!

Tomahawk

imported post

hk955 wrote:
These two brave Marines were attacked by a trophy sized squirrel while on patrol. They eliminated the threat with aggressive fields of fire and the natural tenacity of the United States Marine!!!

Then they found a couple of Barbie dolls, beat up Ken, and took the girls for a ride in their Nissan 300Zs, with Van Halen blastingin one of the greatest car commercials ever:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V42Tbm8w2Ak&mode=related&search=

Lew

imported post

Heh, I saw that on the right after following the first link. It's so relaxing.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Welcome, hk955!!

Love that picture!! I think that's VAopencarry on the left and Tex1n on the right. :D

When I read that VAopencarry and Tex1n were the figures in the picI thought that the other one in the pic might be Hawkflyer.

But, I thought, they wouldn't do that to him...could they? :p

CarryMO

imported post

Also new here and living in Missouri. Thought I would post first time. My wife and I are taking our CCW next weekend along with a friend. Very interested in OC as I think it is the right thing to do. In 35 years of living in this state I have never seen a citizen carry openly. I am not concerned about rural areas (i intend to OC this weekend at a shoot / picnic with many friends in a rural area). I can however, see it beingproblematic in a town like Springfield (Pop.- 165k or so),hope I'm wrong.

Recently I was in a Springfield Wal-Mart buying some 9 for my wife and I's matching S&W M&P9c's.After making the purchase I stopped at my bank (inside Wal-Mart) to make a deposit and accidently hit the bag against the teller counter causing it to break and spilling cartridges all over the "bank" floor. The female cashier directly behind me literally gasped. She looked like she was going to have a coronary. The female bank teller, on the other hand, was very friendly and asked a lot of questions about what would be a good gun to buy.

Stilltimid about OCingin town especially w/ Missouri's oddball law. Does anyone know what happens to SB217 / SB457 (open carry clarification) now that the legislative session has ended?