Thread: Crossdraw

Post imported post

I'm looking for a decent crossdraw rig for my XD45. Does anyone have any suggestions that aren't overly expensive?

Post imported post

I just bought a cross draw from https://www.gunleather.com/cart/shop...=Belt+Holsters at a local gun show. I don't see it listed on their catalogue, but I you call or e-mail they would perhaps direct you to the right page. It cost me $60.

Post imported post

Do you like yours? Is it worth the money, in your opinion? Do you have pictures?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I like to hear reviews before dropping money on a holster.

State Researcher

Post imported post

The Uncle Mike's Side Bet belt side holster actually works very well for crossdraw. It's cheap, since it's nylon and universal, but it's a hell of a good holster. I absolutely love nice looking leather holsters, but I have to remind myself from time to time that Uncle Mike's makes some GREAT holsters. I spent weeks pricing and shopping for an IWB for my full size .40, and I ended up buying a $15 IWB from Mikes...and it's honestly the most convenient and comfortable holster I could find for myself.

http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate...catky2=2000019

The best part about the Side Bet is that it can be used for strongside OR cross draw simply by adjusting the position on the belt. If you reverse the (optional) thumb break, you can also switch it to weakside/crossdraw. The cant isn't as low as you'd normally expect a cross draw to be, but it works surprisingly well.

Post imported post

Model # 86900
    Your Price: $ 0.00

Can't beat that!

That being said, I think I'm looking for something left handed crossdraw, IWB, with a closed, err.... barrel end...

(I worked all night and it's... holy s.... it's 1pm...)
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    The Uncle Mike's Side Bet belt side holster actually works very well for crossdraw. It's cheap, since it's nylon and universal, but it's a hell of a good holster. I absolutely love nice looking leather holsters, but I have to remind myself from time to time that Uncle Mike's makes some GREAT holsters. I spent weeks pricing and shopping for an IWB for my full size .40, and I ended up buying a $15 IWB from Mikes...and it's honestly the most convenient and comfortable holster I could find for myself.
    http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate...catky2=2000019

The best part about the Side Bet is that it can be used for strongside OR cross draw simply by adjusting the position on the belt. If you reverse the (optional) thumb break, you can also switch it to weakside/crossdraw. The cant isn't as low as you'd normally expect a cross draw to be, but it works surprisingly well.
    I tried an Uncle Mike's universal. Not that particular one, but the idea was the same. I do not like a straight-drop (or extremely close to it) crossdraw, so it didn't really work for me. I can see how it would work well for anyone okay for that, though.

Post imported post

I ran into the same problem with my XD-40 Service. I tried a few different holsters, but sent them all back because they held the gun at an odd angle or way to high causing it to poke my ribs.

My solution was to have a holster and mag pouch custom made by a local leather shop.

Good luck on your search.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I tried an Uncle Mike's universal. Not that particular one, but the idea was the same. I do not like a straight-drop (or extremely close to it) crossdraw, so it didn't really work for me. I can see how it would work well for anyone okay for that, though.
    I'd be willing to be I'd prefer a more canted crossdraw...but I've never tried one. I tried the side bet there one day, and it worked fine for me :-) so I'm happy with that.

Most of the decent crossdraws I've seen are relatively pricey...so I dunno what to tell ya lol.

Post imported post

Well, I already had a Crossbreed Qwikclip capable of IWB crossdraw, and now I have the Fobus rotating holster that works for OC crossdraw.

I'm not sure I like the Fobus (although a couple days is hardly enough to pass judgement), but it has allowed me to verify that I like a well-canted crossdraw.

Post imported post

Drewesque wrote:

Well, I already had a Crossbreed Qwikclip capable of IWB crossdraw, and now I have the Fobus rotating holster that works for OC crossdraw.

I'm not sure I like the Fobus (although a couple days is hardly enough to pass judgement), but it has allowed me to verify that I like a well-canted crossdraw.
    I also started with a Fobus Roto-holster. It was cheap and gave me the chance to try many different positions and angles with one holster. Once I had an angle and position I liked I had the guy at the leather shop make me a crossdraw to replace it.