• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossdraw

Drewesque

imported post

[align=left]I'm looking for a decent crossdraw rig for my XD45. Does anyone have any suggestions that aren't overly expensive?
[/align]

Drewesque

imported post

Do you like yours? Is it worth the money, in your opinion? Do you have pictures?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I like to hear reviews before dropping money on a holster.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

The Uncle Mike's Side Bet belt side holster actually works very well for crossdraw. It's cheap, since it's nylon and universal, but it's a hell of a good holster. I absolutely love nice looking leather holsters, but I have to remind myself from time to time that Uncle Mike's makes some GREAT holsters. I spent weeks pricing and shopping for an IWB for my full size .40, and I ended up buying a $15 IWB from Mikes...and it's honestly the most convenient and comfortable holster I could find for myself.

http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9661479&catky=3407251&subcatky1=4548802&subcatky2=2000019

The best part about the Side Bet is that it can be used for strongside OR cross draw simply by adjusting the position on the belt. If you reverse the (optional) thumb break, you can also switch it to weakside/crossdraw. The cant isn't as low as you'd normally expect a cross draw to be, but it works surprisingly well.

AbNo

imported post

Model # 86900
Your Price: $ 0.00

Can't beat that! :lol:

That being said, I think I'm looking for something left handed crossdraw, IWB, with a closed, err.... barrel end...

(I worked all night and it's... holy s.... it's 1pm...)

Drewesque

imported post

DreQo wrote:
The Uncle Mike's Side Bet belt side holster actually works very well for crossdraw. It's cheap, since it's nylon and universal, but it's a hell of a good holster. I absolutely love nice looking leather holsters, but I have to remind myself from time to time that Uncle Mike's makes some GREAT holsters. I spent weeks pricing and shopping for an IWB for my full size .40, and I ended up buying a $15 IWB from Mikes...and it's honestly the most convenient and comfortable holster I could find for myself.
http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9661479&catky=3407251&subcatky1=4548802&subcatky2=2000019

The best part about the Side Bet is that it can be used for strongside OR cross draw simply by adjusting the position on the belt. If you reverse the (optional) thumb break, you can also switch it to weakside/crossdraw. The cant isn't as low as you'd normally expect a cross draw to be, but it works surprisingly well.
I tried an Uncle Mike's universal. Not that particular one, but the idea was the same. I do not like a straight-drop (or extremely close to it) crossdraw, so it didn't really work for me. I can see how it would work well for anyone okay for that, though.

gsh341

imported post

I ran into the same problem with my XD-40 Service. I tried a few different holsters, but sent them all back because they held the gun at an odd angle or way to high causing it to poke my ribs.

My solution was to have a holster and mag pouch custom made by a local leather shop.

Good luck on your search.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I tried an Uncle Mike's universal. Not that particular one, but the idea was the same. I do not like a straight-drop (or extremely close to it) crossdraw, so it didn't really work for me. I can see how it would work well for anyone okay for that, though.
I'd be willing to be I'd prefer a more canted crossdraw...but I've never tried one. I tried the side bet there one day, and it worked fine for me :) so I'm happy with that.

Most of the decent crossdraws I've seen are relatively pricey...so I dunno what to tell ya lol.

Drewesque

imported post

[align=left]Well, I already had a Crossbreed Qwikclip capable of IWB crossdraw, and now I have the Fobus rotating holster that works for OC crossdraw.

I'm not sure I like the Fobus (although a couple days is hardly enough to pass judgement), but it has allowed me to verify that I like a well-canted crossdraw.
[/align]

gsh341

imported post

Drewesque wrote:
[align=left]Well, I already had a Crossbreed Qwikclip capable of IWB crossdraw, and now I have the Fobus rotating holster that works for OC crossdraw.

I'm not sure I like the Fobus (although a couple days is hardly enough to pass judgement), but it has allowed me to verify that I like a well-canted crossdraw.
[/align]
I also started with a Fobus Roto-holster. It was cheap and gave me the chance to try many different positions and angles with one holster. Once I had an angle and position I liked I had the guy at the leather shop make me a crossdraw to replace it.