• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCCA anti-gun?

T-Man

imported post

I concur with your interpretation of the law. See UW is in a place called "lala land." UW has a PD but their medical and hospital facilities are served by private security. A good friend of mine is the former head of security and was aBrassin UWPD. He told me once that the only reason UW has a police department is to bury whatever they want to hide from the public eye. As you might know that they don't really even process the criminals they just hand them over to SPD.

Anyhow, my point is that they have a lot of policies that they wanted to pass on to us (citizens) as laws, which they could not so they snuck them in and passed them as WACs. This is what you get for having liberal minded nut jobs in Olympia.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Comp-tech wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Also, the sign stated "security personnel", which could mean just a rent-a-cop and not an LEO. They scare me more than LEO's, since a fair amount seem to have a superiority complex to some degree. Not all, but a fair amount that I've met.
I overheard a "gangsta wannabe" tell a mall security guard "you can't do that, you ain't no cop"...the guard replied
"that's right and I can kick the shit outa' you without police brutality charges too".....sorry, I know the guard was in the wrong for his "superior attitude" but, I had to laugh.
*chuckle* Nah... that's funny and that kid had it comin'. I think the guard was actually in the right here... that kid's parents obviously failed somewhere along the line and now the community (whom this guard is a part of) is now left to teach him about the real world... and some manners, at the very least. Maybe if his pappy would have pulled out the belt a couple times when he was bad (if his father was even around), he might have been a little more respectful and not on the bad side of the guard in the first place.

They're not all bad, it's just that many do seem to have the complex I mentioned... to some degree.
LOL...I agree the kid had it comin' but, this particular guard....as my grand-dad would've said "struts around like he's a full grown rooster"

just_a_car

imported post

Yeah, T-Man... as I'm still only making my own interpretation there and haven't consulted a lawyer, I have yet to say anything incriminating, but I can reitterate what I've said elsewhere:

1. I'm a UW student.
2. I'm an American Citizen by birth.
3. I was legally issued a WA CPL.
4. I own a handgun.
5. I care about my life and the lives of my fellow American Citizens.

...'Nuff said.
-------------------------------
Comp-Tech, well, if that's the case, then someone should pluck his feathers clip his comb sometime. ;)

Edit: Also, T-Man, welcome to the site and hopefully in your 'lurking' you saw the OC Lunch-BBQ on the 21st in Tacoma. Love to see you there!