• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FFL REFUSES to return a firearm

FreeorDie

imported post

OH BOY, this is madness!!

Can a receiving FFL dealer keep a firearm when specifically asked by the owner of the firearm to return said firearm to the original sending FFL dealer??

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm not up to speed on federal law in this area.

You might try phoning an FFL you trust.

FreeorDie

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I'm not up to speed on federal law in this area.

You might try phoning an FFL you trust.

I have, the FFL that received the firearm originally WILL NOT release it to the fed ex that comes to pick it up! :cuss:

thanks for your input.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Something doesn't make sense. If they don't have lawful authority hold it,or have some legal liability in releasing it, it would seem to be theft. This area of firearms law and regulation should be fairly well defined.

What are the facts?

FreeorDie

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Something doesn't make sense. If they don't have lawful authority hold it,or have some legal liability in releasing it, it would seem to be theft. This area of firearms law and regulation should be fairly well defined.

What are the facts?

what gives lawful authority to hold it?

he will not answer his phone or release the firearm to fed ex that was sent to the place by the ORIGINAL FFL sender!

The firearm was sold to someone and the guy will NOT take her calls either!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FreeOrDie,

The help you get here will only be as effective as the facts are complete. Please give us the complete facts.

FreeorDie

imported post

Citizen wrote:
FreeOrDie,

The help you get here will only be as effective as the facts are complete. Please give us the complete facts.
forget it.... amazing how useless these forums are at times... I can not give you ANY clearer facts! What do you want my address, telephone number and my last child?

Thank you sig, that is what I was thinking. Do I call the PA state police or local law sig?

Hyaloid

imported post

FreeorDie wrote:
Citizen wrote:
FreeOrDie,

forget it.... amazing how useless these forums are at times... I can not give you ANY clearer facts! What do you want my address, telephone number and my last child?

Thank you sig, that is what I was thinking. Do I call the PA state police or local law sig?

It's amazing how useless some posters are at times, do you still need your mommy to tell you when to take a piss?

Get off of your ass and call both agencies and determine it for yourself who you should be filing complaints with. Don't rely on forums for all of your legal advice. If you didn't think to contact an attorney all by yourself, but rather needed a poster on the internet to plant that little seed, it's no wonder you couldn't imagine that more details might be needed.

Call an attorney and tell him to make a judgement based solely on your original post, betcha dimes to dollars he asks for... guess what... ."more information".

FreeorDie

imported post

Hyaloid wrote:
FreeorDie wrote:
Citizen wrote:
FreeOrDie,

It's amazing how useless some posters are at times, do you still need your mommy to tell you when to take a piss?

Get off of your ass and call both agencies and determine it for yourself who you should be filing complaints with. Don't rely on forums for all of your legal advice. If you didn't think to contact an attorney all by yourself, but rather needed a poster on the internet to plant that little seed, it's no wonder you couldn't imagine that more details might be needed.

Call an attorney and tell him to make a judgement based solely on your original post, betcha dimes to dollars he asks for... guess what... ."more information".

Listen Hyaloid I did NOT ask for your two cents, as far as I am concerned you could have ignored this post entirely.. Do me a favor and kiss my a$$...

I posted to forget it, that was simple enough...

apjonas

imported post

I agree with Citizen. Your request smells funny. First you dance around revealing critical information (your "facts" are as clear as mud) and thenyou dismiss this "important" issue (in essence you take your ball and go home). I surmise that either (1) there are facts which show somebody in an unfavorable light, (2) you don't want to ask the real question or (3) both. I suppose it is possible that you just have difficulty expressing your request but don't be angry when people ask for clarification. If your request is legit and you still would like help, then lay out the story step by step. Such as 1. On 01/01/2007, I ordered a porcelain Glock 8 from Die Hard Gun Co. 2. I paid $4500 by credit card.....

Citizen wrote:
FreeOrDie,

molonlabetn

imported post

FreeorDie wrote:
Hyaloid wrote:
FreeorDie wrote:
Citizen wrote:
FreeOrDie,

Listen Hyaloid I did NOT ask for your two cents, as far as I am concerned you could have ignored this post entirely.. Do me a favor and kiss my a$$...

Ummm... when you posted on a public forum, you were in effect asking for the 'two cents' of anyone who cared to respond.

Tell the FFL who is holding it to either send it back, transfer it to the buyer,or be billed for the firearm (and then he can keep it as long as he wants). If it's the sending FFL who wants it back, then, it would seem to me that this issue is between them, not you or the buyer who changed their mind about receiving it (or whatever the case may be).

Why is the buyer not going to pick the firearm up from the FFL who is now holding it? They bought it! The only responsibility which the FFL has is to transfer the gun to the buyer...

I think some of this has to do with WHY the firearm is now being redirected back to the seller...

unrequited

imported post

FreeorDie wrote:

Wow, anger much?

You probably didn't pay the seller, and he proved it to the holding FFL, and you're not getting your gun because of it. That's my take on things until you decide to spell it out for me since you're playing mr. secret game over there.

tarzan1888

imported post

apjonas wrote:
I agree with Citizen. Your request smells funny. First you dance around revealing critical information (your "facts" are as clear as mud) and thenyou dismiss this "important" issue (in essence you take your ball and go home). I surmise that either (1) there are facts which show somebody in an unfavorable light, (2) you don't want to ask the real question or (3) both. I suppose it is possible that you just have difficulty expressing your request but don't be angry when people ask for clarification. If your request is legit and you still would like help, then lay out the story step by step. Such as 1. On 01/01/2007, I ordered a porcelain Glock 8 from Die Hard Gun Co. 2. I paid $4500 by credit card.....

Citizen wrote:
FreeOrDie,

What do you know.

I agree with apjonas on this one.

go figure.

Attachments

• dancinguy[1].gif
    dancinguy[1].gif
    60.1 KB · Views: 346

Hyaloid

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Gents, there's no need for name calling or insults. Fight nice or I'll have to close it.

You are right. I shouldn't have brought up anyone's momma. :D

However, I was just annoyed that Citizen asks for more info from an anemic original post, and the forums are labeled as "useless" by the original poster.

Hence my irritated response. Seriously, if folks come to the forum for help, but get testy when someone simply asks for details so that they can provide that help, it irked me.

So, the alternative is for the OP to get off his own bottom, and call some people and figure out who to complain to. If there is a legitimate complaint, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to figure out.

Peace out homie.

FreeorDie

imported post

I gave the pertinent information needed to offer any solutions. The firearm IS PAID for. Law enforcement has been contacted and I will take it from there.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Free or Die and Hyaloid:

panties.gif