Thread: Celebrate Fairfax this W/E. Anyone going?

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

http://www.celebratefairfax.org/

Can anyone report how good their fireworks are?

Post imported post

I'm going, looks like a hoot.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Naked, you gonna set up the tripod and videotape the MMM booth?? LMAO!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Can we make up a bunch of flyers and hand them out?

Maybe make several hundred VCDL membership applications, fold them, and then hand them out.

Maybe make two pages, and fold them together. One aself-defense rightsbriefing, and the second a VCDL membership application.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

is there a raillying point ? Or dose VCDL have a booth?

Post imported post

what are we talking about? lol

Post imported post

MarinesWife wrote:
    what are we talking about? lol
    Fairfax has a county fair every year at the Taj Mahal (Government Center) in Chantilly (I think that's Chantilly). They show off firetrucks and clubs set up their model railroads and stuff. Bands play sometimes. I went to one a few years ago. Can be interesting if you've got nothing else to do.

Post imported post

I was planning on going but have in-laws coming down to visit this weekend. I'll have to see if they'd be interested in going also.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Our family will be there on Saturday. Probably arrive very early afternoon; we want to catch the 3:00 concert (well, man-child does).

I have some flyers I made for Monday. I'll make more if anyone likes. I'll have VCDL flyers. I don't plan to live my life around the dozen ditzy daughters of eve (poor Eve, wonder what she'd think), though.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Any special CC/OC laws concerning outdoor festivals?
    -Unrequited

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    Any special CC/OC laws concerning outdoor festivals?
    None that I recall.

SuperModerator Mike even beat up Richmond in court over a festival or parade that tried to ban guns a while back. Mike won.

Avoice-recordermight be useful. Hopefully it won't be needed.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I'm planning to attend Saturday during the same time as Tess (late afternoon to late evening). I'll be bringing a video camera if the rules allow it. If not, an audio recorder. They may have a ban on video due to the bands playing.

Just checked, no ban on video that I see!

Post imported post

If Mrs.Y decides to go, it will be the same time frame for us.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Can we make up a bunch of flyers and hand them out?

Maybe make several hundred VCDL membership applications, fold them, and then hand them out.

Maybe make two pages, and fold them together. One aself-defense rightsbriefing, and the second a VCDL membership application.

Perhaps a stack of VCDL membership flyers could find their way to the MMM table? Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

Post imported post

Just got back from it. Despite the heat, I CC'd because I don't like to OC in large crowds.

Stumbled across the MMM's table, and read some of the literature. They had a fact sheet that's supposed to alarm you because a 16-year-old can legally lock his shotgun in the trunk of his car or some such, and because you can OC a revolver. Another "fact" had something to do with the inability of a divorced woman to make the police confiscate her ex-husbands guns when the children visit. I handed it back to the woman and the effeminate fat man behind the table without comment. As I was standing there reading, the woman was spouting some nonsense to a woman and her daughter, both of whom appeared to be from India or Pakistan based on their clothing. I find it quite sickening. To poison the minds of immigrants with this anti-freedom BS is something that just really lights me off. I walked away quickly before my mouth broke it's chain and made a scene.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Thats why I would have to tape my mouth shut. Come to think of it that may be a good counter protest the MMM.

Post imported post

Actually LW... that's not a bad concept.

I think a few MMM tee shirts with the additional images of 2 monkeys - See no evil and hear no evil.

We could print some up on business cards and fliers for future events.

Post imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
    http://www.celebratefairfax.org/

Can anyone report how good their fireworks are?
    Fireworks were bleh, until the last 5 seconds. Their finale was what most shows have as their opener. It was opening night though, so they might have saved the big guns for Sat.

Naked, how'd you fare at the fair?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I went, I had just arrived and I herd sombody say somthing about my NRAT- shirt, I turned around to see a man OC A 1911 :celebrate(friendship of to a good start) as it turns out it was TESS and her friends, we talked for awhile and then I made my way to the MMM booth,

cost to enter the fair : $10.00

2 Italian sausage and ice tea :$21.00

seeing the expression on the MMM peoples faces working the booth while I eat there cookies with my 1911 staring at them : priceless.

They wouldn't make eye contact with me when I tried to say hello

Post imported post

1st freedom wrote:
    I went, I had just arrived and I herd sombody say somthing about my NRAT- shirt, I turned around to see a man OC A 1911 :celebrate(friendship of to a good start) as it turns out it was TESS and her friends, we talked for awhile and then I made my way to the MMM booth,

cost to enter the fair : $10.00

2 Italian sausage and ice tea :$21.00

seeing the expression on the MMM peoples faces working the booth while I eat there cookies with my 1911 staring at them : priceless.

They wouldn't make eye contact with me when I tried to say hello
    Nice. Bet those cookies were sweeeet!

Post imported post

I could a been eating there chalk and it would a sweet