• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax this W/E. Anyone going?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Can we make up a bunch of flyers and hand them out?

Maybe make several hundred VCDL membership applications, fold them, and then hand them out.

Maybe make two pages, and fold them together. One aself-defense rightsbriefing, and the second a VCDL membership application.

Tomahawk

imported post

MarinesWife wrote:
what are we talking about? lol
Fairfax has a county fair every year at the Taj Mahal (Government Center) in Chantilly (I think that's Chantilly). They show off firetrucks and clubs set up their model railroads and stuff. Bands play sometimes. I went to one a few years ago. Can be interesting if you've got nothing else to do.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Our family will be there on Saturday. Probably arrive very early afternoon; we want to catch the 3:00 concert (well, man-child does).

I have some flyers I made for Monday. I'll make more if anyone likes. I'll have VCDL flyers. I don't plan to live my life around the dozen ditzy daughters of eve (poor Eve, wonder what she'd think), though.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Any special CC/OC laws concerning outdoor festivals?

None that I recall.

SuperModerator Mike even beat up Richmond in court over a festival or parade that tried to ban guns a while back. Mike won.

Avoice-recordermight be useful. Hopefully it won't be needed.

IanB

imported post

I'm planning to attend Saturday during the same time as Tess (late afternoon to late evening). I'll be bringing a video camera if the rules allow it. If not, an audio recorder. They may have a ban on video due to the bands playing.

Just checked, no ban on video that I see!

markand

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Can we make up a bunch of flyers and hand them out?

Maybe make several hundred VCDL membership applications, fold them, and then hand them out.

Maybe make two pages, and fold them together. One aself-defense rightsbriefing, and the second a VCDL membership application.
Perhaps a stack of VCDL membership flyers could find their way to the MMM table? Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

Tomahawk

imported post

Just got back from it. Despite the heat, I CC'd because I don't like to OC in large crowds.

Stumbled across the MMM's table, and read some of the literature. They had a fact sheet that's supposed to alarm you because a 16-year-old can legally lock his shotgun in the trunk of his car or some such, and because you can OC a revolver. Another "fact" had something to do with the inability of a divorced woman to make the police confiscate her ex-husbands guns when the children visit. I handed it back to the woman and the effeminate fat man behind the table without comment. As I was standing there reading, the woman was spouting some nonsense to a woman and her daughter, both of whom appeared to be from India or Pakistan based on their clothing. I find it quite sickening. To poison the minds of immigrants with this anti-freedom BS is something that just really lights me off. I walked away quickly before my mouth broke it's chain and made a scene.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Thats why I would have to tape my mouth shut. Come to think of it that may be a good counter protest the MMM.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Actually LW... that's not a bad concept.

I think a few MMM tee shirts with the additional images of 2 monkeys - See no evil and hear no evil.

We could print some up on business cards and fliers for future events.

1st freedom

imported post

I went, I had just arrived and I herd sombody say somthing about my NRAT- shirt, I turned around to see a man OC A 1911 :celebrate(friendship of to a good start) as it turns out it was TESS and her friends, we talked for awhile and then I made my way to the MMM booth,

cost to enter the fair : $10.00

2 Italian sausage and ice tea :$21.00

seeing the expression on the MMM peoples faces working the booth while I eat there cookies with my 1911 staring at them : priceless.

They wouldn't make eye contact with me when I tried to say hello :cool:

Tomahawk

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
I went, I had just arrived and I herd sombody say somthing about my NRAT- shirt, I turned around to see a man OC A 1911 :celebrate(friendship of to a good start) as it turns out it was TESS and her friends, we talked for awhile and then I made my way to the MMM booth,

cost to enter the fair : $10.00

2 Italian sausage and ice tea :$21.00

seeing the expression on the MMM peoples faces working the booth while I eat there cookies with my 1911 staring at them : priceless.

They wouldn't make eye contact with me when I tried to say hello :cool:
Nice. Bet those cookies were sweeeet!