• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fred Comments onthe Scooter Libby Case

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I didn't follow the entire story when it was occurring. And even if I did, I doubt I'd have the whole story just because of the way the press operates.

However, I can't get past the idea that regardless of whether it was criminal to report Plame's name, it seems to methat perhaps Libby initially thought it was criminaland lied, even though he didn't need to. It took a while for the non-covert/not a crime info to come out. If true, he was still lying. It would be most ironic if true. Sort of like the guys in Barber Shop who steal the ATM that doesn't have any money it.

Even today, conservative advocates are still using words like"leaked" and "CIA operative." How can you "leak" something that isn't secret. Why use the words "CIA operative"when "employee"woulddeny the steam to the other side?

Either way, the conservativestook a serious black eye over this in the PR wars.

Kelly J

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I didn't follow the entire story when it was occurring. And even if I did, I doubt I'd have the whole story just because of the way the press operates.

However, I can't get past the idea that regardless of whether it was criminal to report Plame's name, it seems to methat perhaps Libby initially thought it was criminaland lied, even though he didn't need to. It took a while for the non-covert/not a crime info to come out. If true, he was still lying. It would be most ironic if true. Sort of like the guys in Barber Shop who steal the ATM that doesn't have any money it.

Even today, conservative advocates are still using words like"leaked" and "CIA operative." How can you "leak" something that isn't secret. Why use the words "CIA operative"when "employee"woulddeny the steam to the other side?

Either way, the conservativestook a serious black eye over this in the PR wars.
OT

Jack Hollowpoint

imported post

You watch.

Scooter will dink around on appeals for the next 18 months. Then Dumbass will pardon him, right before Dumbass moves back to Texas. Then they'll all get together in Crawford for barbeque and whiskey.

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
The thing that bothers me the most is Libby has been given jail time for a non criminal offence in which the origional case was about his outing the Plame woman when in fact it was Armatage that mentioned her name and there was never any proof that the woman was in fact covert at the time of the outing, the whole thing reeks of skunk to me and Libby is paying the price for a faulty memory, but the fact remains that there was going to be someone from the Bush Administration that was going down over this non Issue, no matter what.

She testified before congress that she was in fact, covert, at the time of the outing. I watched her testimony on TV myself, so I don't need to take anyone else's word for it.

I doubt if he would be going to jailif it werea "non criminal offence"

Alot more should be going to jail with him, also.:cuss: