• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ceasefire Foundation of Washington Files Complaint Against WashingtonCeasefire.com

just_a_car

imported post

Good on ya for fightin' 'em, George!

Next time, though, send me a draft so I can read through it for ya. I got halfway through and had to stop because of the typos.

You sure did rip 'em a new one, though. Heck, you might even have hit onto something with them not claiming ANY assets as washingtonceasfire.com when, in fact, the domain itself is an asset. Can someone say IRS audit?

George Washington

imported post

just-a-car:

There is good news and bad news.

Bad news: NAF rejected my method of submitting the document to them, which means they rejecteda possibly defectivedocument.

Good news: I have another chance to submit the document.

I did run a spelling check program before publishing the document and thought I caught everything. If you will be so kind as to point out any necessary corrections, I will be happy to incorporate them. In fact, I would be extremeley grateful to you.

There is a MS Word version of the document here which you can download. http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/documents/legal/wcf_vs_gw/FA0705000985159-response.doc

You can e-mail a modified version of the document to me at george at washingtonceasefire.com. If you choose to e-mail a corrected document to me, you can simply highlight the errors.

Sincerely,
George Washington

just_a_car

imported post

I'll try and take care of that for you tonight or tomorrow. I just finished my last final today at 10:30am (went from 8:30) and I'm just winding down from the quarter. I didn't get any sleep last night and I want to do the best job I can for you. I'm a self-proclaimed grammar/spelling freak and do my own proof reads... and catch stuff.

I'll likely go ahead and edit stuff and, as I do, mark it on another copy. There was some stuff in there where I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to say, since it was so garbled, so I'll highlight that in a different color on the other copy. I'll probably use yellow for the changes and red or orange for the errors I didn't change.

It's the least I can do in comparison to what you're doing for us in WA against these lunatics.

Vermont0311

imported post

All of the washingtonceasefire.com links aren't working. Keep up the good work though.

Edit: Never mind, must have been my office computer. Myspace and washingtonceasefire.com are the only two websites I can't view. Weird.

George Washington

imported post

SemperGumby wrote:
All of the washingtonceasefire.com links aren't working. Keep up the good work though.

Can you give me more information? Are you referring to the legal documents referenced in this thread? Or, are there other documents or pages on the web site that need to be fixed?

Thanks,
George Washington

George Washington

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
There was some stuff in there where I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to say, since it was so garbled, so I'll highlight that in a different color on the other copy. I'll probably use yellow for the changes and red or orange for the errors I didn't change.
Thank you

George Washington

imported post

Edit: Never mind, must have been my office computer. Myspace and washingtonceasefire.com are the only two websites I can't view. Weird.
Most likely your IT department at your company blocks access to "social networking" sites. WashingtonCeasefire.com places frames around YouTube videos, which is sometimes blocked as being a "social networking" site.

just_a_car

imported post

George Washington wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
There was some stuff in there where I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to say, since it was so garbled, so I'll highlight that in a different color on the other copy. I'll probably use yellow for the changes and red or orange for the errors I didn't change.
Thank you
No problem. Like I said, it's the least I can do. I also heard about the site over at the GunAndGame.com forums.

By the way, I want to make it clear that I'm not a lawyer nor have any legal experience/expertise. I just want to help you deliver a well-written response, even though it may not be in proper "legal format", as I have no idea what that format may be.

George Washington

imported post

Just a car:

I already refiled the document because my deadline is coming up in a few days and I'm cutting things too close. The document was reviewed by an attorney who specializes in 2nd Amendment and intellectual property issues, specifically domain name arbitrations.Possibly some of the things you might have found confusing are statements that are specifically required by the arbitration panel. They require a boatload of obtuse statements.

Anyway, I appreciateyour goodwill and willingness to help out.