Thread: Fobus GL4

State Researcher

Post imported post

So I was at the range and I decided to try one of these fobus holsters, I admit I really like it as far as comfort and ease of use goes.

It is the GL4 model which is the first one recommended for the S&W Sigma series, the second is the HK1. I opted for the GL4--a little looser, but I like it that way.

I can easily draw the weapon, and I like that fact as well, but when I got home I had my girlfriend stand behind me and try to get it from me as if I was standing inline at a store or something of the sort, it wasn't easy, but she could do it if she put quite a bit of force on it, but shes a girl...

I also have had a lot of looks from people that I do not normally get with my other holsters, this one shows a lot of steel...anyone else had these problems?

Also wondering how long these last, they seem pretty flimsy as if I draw too many times it may lose some of its tightness and then it could just flop out whenever?

Overall I really like it, I am just questioning it retention and how other people are reacting.

I would give it a B rating -- simply because it does not allow extra mag. storage.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Here is a picture of how I carried today, what do you think?

I think it is reasonable, but of course I have only seen 2 other people in NW Indiana open carry since I became eligible to carry when I turned 21 (a year ago).
    Attached Images Attached Images

State Researcher

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    So I was at the range and I decided to try one of these fobus holsters, I admit I really like it as far as comfort and ease of use goes.

It is the GL4 model which is the first one recommended for the S&W Sigma series, the second is the HK1. I opted for the GL4--a little looser, but I like it that way.

I can easily draw the weapon, and I like that fact as well, but when I got home I had my girlfriend stand behind me and try to get it from me as if I was standing inline at a store or something of the sort, it wasn't easy, but she could do it if she put quite a bit of force on it, but shes a girl...

I also have had a lot of looks from people that I do not normally get with my other holsters, this one shows a lot of steel...anyone else had these problems?

Also wondering how long these last, they seem pretty flimsy as if I draw too many times it may lose some of its tightness and then it could just flop out whenever?

Overall I really like it, I am just questioning it retention and how other people are reacting.

I would give it a B rating -- simply because it does not allow extra mag. storage.
    I haven't tried the GL-4 but have been using Fobus holsters, with several different pistols, for years without a single issue...they seem to hold up very well.