• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello everyone...

dillonivik

imported post

Figured i should introduce myself to my fellow Washingtonians. My name is Dillon and im Stationed at McChord currently. Ive been a Washington native my whole 22 years (born and raised in Spokane). Anyway, i have been concieled carrying since i turned 21. My taste goes twards full sized autos so natually its a pain. I have been lurking here for a wile and im vary happy that alot of people practice open carry and dont seem to have too much trouble. Im thinking i might be trying it soon, basicly for no other reason than its legal and if we dont use our rights they will quickly disapear or at least fade into obscurity...

Oh and its more comfortable:D

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome! This is a great place for information and insight!

Good luck with your open carry, it doesn't seem like a big deal after the first couple times you do it :)

expvideo

imported post

Welcome and good luck! I too favor full size autos, and you're right, it's much more comfortable to OC. I've been doing it more and more frequently since it's getting warmer.

There are many reasons to open carry, but the reason I do it mostly (except for comfort of course) is to show to people that not just gangsters and bad guys carry guns. I think it puts a positive message for gun owners everywhere out there for people to see regular everyday people doing their shopping and running errands while armed. There is always some surprize, but people quickly realize that you are being friendly and polite, and not shooting people.

I know it's hard the first few times, but if you give it a chance it really stops feeling like a big deal. Good luck to you, and I hope you can make it to the lunch on the 16th.

BTW, if you don't mind my asking, what do you carry?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome Dillonivik! OCDO is a great place because of it's great people. Come on in and join the discussions. If you have any questions, just ask.

Hey, I have a sister-in-law in Spokane Valley. We visited them last year and drove to Seattle, took a Dam tour, went up Mt. Spokane (in the freaking snow) and stooped in to Coeur d A'lene. Had a great time.

trainer62

imported post

Welcome Dillon, glad to see that you have decided to try OC. It is definatly more comfortable and we need more responsible people out there to show the general public that people who carry guns aren't always bad. I hope that you find it to your liking. I to carry large autos and love how comfortable it is. Hope to see you around the forum.