Thread: "Dynamic" Entry Goes Wrong

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Here's another reason to dramatically stiffen the standards for obtaining "dynamic" entry warrants.

http://www.examiner.com/a-769529~Cop..._in_Groin.html

Words fail me. Civil words, anyway.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Here's another reason to dramatically stiffen the standards for obtaining "dynamic" entry warrants.

Words fail me. Civil words, anyway.
    And I bet they have not and will not apologize for their 'mistake'. Police really ought to be more careful when they do these types of things. It is bad enough that it is thought to be legal but to go to the wrong place. Unbelievable.....

Post imported post

Nothing will happen and I bet the city will not even pay for the damages

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Quick note: This happened in Annapolis and not in Baltimore.
    ---

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

...about 15 officers burst through the front door of her apartment while she was cooking dinner about 8:20 p.m...

Police spokesman Hal Dalton said something must have gone amiss in the briefing beforehand. "We don't know how the mistake was made,"

Where?

Post imported post

tjdempster wrote:
    And I bet they have not and will not apologize for their 'mistake'. Police really ought to be more careful when they do these types of things. It is bad enough that it is thought to be legal but to go to the wrong place. Unbelievable.....
    I wonder how many times they do apologize? You sure don't see it in public or at least not very visibly.

I also question thesometimes destructive searches that seem to be conducted in a mean or cruel manner, with absolutely no regards for the property of the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect. (Obviously, they can't go through all nice and tidy with white gloves, but c'mon.)
    AND - as long as most people, people like us that support justice and the laws, don't stand up for the victims of such searches simply because most are criminals, those types of Police actions will continue and spread.

Gary

Post imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
    tjdempster wrote:
    I wonder how many times they do apologize? You sure don't see it in public or at least not very visibly.

I also question thesometimes destructive searches that seem to be conducted in a mean or cruel manner, with absolutely no regards for the property of the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect. (Obviously, they can't go through all nice and tidy with white gloves, but c'mon.)
    AND - as long as most people, people like us that support justice and the laws, don't stand up for the victims of such searches simply because most are criminals, those types of Police actions will continue and spread.

Gary
    I bet if they ever apologize it is VERY rare. In their defense, I would say part of the reason they MAY not apologize is in case of a law suit. You are probably right about the police being destructive, I have no personal experience but I would not be surprised. Tom