• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Dynamic" Entry Goes Wrong

tjdempster

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Here's another reason to dramatically stiffen the standards for obtaining "dynamic" entry warrants.

http://www.examiner.com/a-769529~Cops_Raid_Wrong_Place__Kick_Man_in_Groin.html

Words fail me. Civil words, anyway.
And I bet they have not and will not apologize for their 'mistake'. Police really ought to be more careful when they do these types of things. It is bad enough that it is thought to be legal but to go to the wrong place. Unbelievable.....

worrbaron

imported post

Nothing will happen and I bet the city will not even pay for the damages

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Here's another reason to dramatically stiffen the standards for obtaining "dynamic" entry warrants.

http://www.examiner.com/a-769529~Cops_Raid_Wrong_Place__Kick_Man_in_Groin.html

...about 15 officers burst through the front door of her apartment while she was cooking dinner about 8:20 p.m...

Police spokesman Hal Dalton said something must have gone amiss in the briefing beforehand. "We don't know how the mistake was made,"

KeystoneKops.jpg

Where?

PoppaGary

imported post

tjdempster wrote:
And I bet they have not and will not apologize for their 'mistake'. Police really ought to be more careful when they do these types of things. It is bad enough that it is thought to be legal but to go to the wrong place. Unbelievable.....

I wonder how many times they do apologize? You sure don't see it in public or at least not very visibly.

I also question thesometimes destructive searches that seem to be conducted in a mean or cruel manner, with absolutely no regards for the property of the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect. (Obviously, they can't go through all nice and tidy with white gloves, but c'mon.)
AND - as long as most people, people like us that support justice and the laws, don't stand up for the victims of such searches simply because most are criminals, those types of Police actions will continue and spread.

Gary

tjdempster

imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
tjdempster wrote:

I wonder how many times they do apologize? You sure don't see it in public or at least not very visibly.

I also question thesometimes destructive searches that seem to be conducted in a mean or cruel manner, with absolutely no regards for the property of the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect. (Obviously, they can't go through all nice and tidy with white gloves, but c'mon.)
AND - as long as most people, people like us that support justice and the laws, don't stand up for the victims of such searches simply because most are criminals, those types of Police actions will continue and spread.

Gary
I bet if they ever apologize it is VERY rare. In their defense, I would say part of the reason they MAY not apologize is in case of a law suit. You are probably right about the police being destructive, I have no personal experience but I would not be surprised. Tom