• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Chapter e-Postal Pistol Match (2nd Quarter)

IanB

imported post

Howdy folks,

It's time for the 2nd quarter OCDOe-Postal pistol match! The match runs through July 8th so you have one month to shoot those targets and get a great score. The rules are below in .pdf format.If you have any questions about the match or the rules please use the forum so everyone can see and participate vice sending me private messages.

Note: This match is open to all of OCDO, not just Virginia members.

OCDO member Kle took honors at the last match, let's see who can take him down!!

The rules for the match can be found directly below the target picture.

Picture of target you must shoot for reference purposes:

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Attachments

• Match Rules 6-8-2007.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 261

sitedzn

imported post

bring it, kle!:D

we need to figure out how to get a postal match done under timed, slightly stressed, conditions. or heck, let's just find a range and all get together for some paper blasting (and steel if anyone has any). shoot on the move! standing still is for wussies!:lol:

sitedzn

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
kle wrote:
or breaking clays...moving targets are where it's at!

Four words, friends: Bull Run Shooting Center.

I'd be game.

don't know about this place. but i'd be game for some clay shooting. if you guys don't mind traveling a bit, there are 2 great places for sporting clays east of Richmond - Old Forge Sporting Clays and Sussex Sporting Clays. i've done OFSC before - lots of fun.

we should try to meet up at an IDPA match somewhere soon. 2nd sat. of every month at BCSA. i suck (compared to the other guys there) but it's fun!

Tomahawk

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
kle wrote:
or breaking clays...moving targets are where it's at!

Four words, friends: Bull Run Shooting Center.

I'd be game.

don't know about this place. but i'd be game for some clay shooting. if you guys don't mind traveling a bit, there are 2 great places for sporting clays east of Richmond - Old Forge Sporting Clays and Sussex Sporting Clays. i've done OFSC before - lots of fun.

we should try to meet up at an IDPA match somewhere soon. 2nd sat. of every month at BCSA. i suck (compared to the other guys there) but it's fun!
I'm game. I have a few plans for this summer, but they aren't final yet. So you guys name a time and place, and if it's not too far away I'd love to be there.

kle

imported post

Hello, nakedshoplifter-

Please find attached my submission for the OCDO Virginia Chapter e-Postal Pistol Match (2nd Quarter). As per the changes to the rules for the 2nd Quarter, it is the "Champion Score Keeper" target. I have included two images, one with the gun and one without--so that it looks like the pictures in the gun magazines when they're reviewing the latest piece of hardware.

I am submitting early because I will be out of town on the 7th and unable to do any last-minute shooting--and I think this submission is pretty good =)

Thank you!

-kle
Pictures withheld (from this post) to comply with the rules, of course. ;)

Good Luck, Everyone!

kle

imported post

http://www.wholesalehunter.net/outdoor_sports/Champion-Traps-and-Targets/Champion-Traps-and-Targets-45723-Paper-Targets.html -- you could buy them online, y'know, as well as places aside from Walmart (http://www.championtarget.com/general/dealer_locator.aspx -- dealer locator). I think Walmart was mentioned because it's a "least common denominator" sort of thing--practically everyone has access to one.

It doesn't really matter where you got the target from as long as it's the 45723 target, I suppose.

sitedzn

imported post

ok, just an fyi for those of you who don't want to go to wally world. i just got beck from the gun show in richmond and got the targets from SWV Firearms http://www.swvfirearms.com they were only $2.35.

edit: not sure about the webpage - i'm trying to remember from looking at their sign. it doesn't seem to work and i can't find it quickly with google.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OOPS. July 8. Sorta misremembered the date.

Just got back tonight from vacation. Must do laundry, grocery shop, etc. Guess I won't shoot this one.

But then, hell, I can't SEE 25 yards, much less shoot it.

IanB

imported post

[align=center]WE HAVE A WINNER!!
[/align]
Once again, Kle comes through to win the match!! Shooting a score of 84 points he takes first place.

e-postal
e-postal
20070705_without_pistol.jpg

20070705_with_pistol.jpg

Congtrats Kle, this is two in a row!!

Who will dethrone him?

Next match runs Sept 1st-29th.

IanB

imported post

I decided to stop doing them because of lack of interest. Do you want to host this one kle?