• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disgraced American Flag

vrwmiller

imported post

I recently was sent an email explaining an event which occurred at a public high school in California called Montebello High School. I found no media reports of this incident, but found plenty of other online resources attesting the incident, which was staged in March 2006 as a protest to immigration reform.

The following URL appears to have a great deal of information regarding the incident, but I am unfamiliar with snopes.com. I can offer no credibility to this site.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp

(My apologies to those who do not have broadband access or are viewing this from their mobile devices)

AntiPatriotic_1.bmp

AntiPatriotic_2.bmp

AntiPatriotic_3.bmp

AntiPatriotic_4.bmp

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a difficult time understanding why cops would just stand around and not remove the mexican flag, throw it on the ground,and piss on it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think my blood just went from boiling to a state of plasma.

The only place for the Mexican flag north of the Rio Grande is on their embassy and consulates.

However, I will offer a sage solution that does notdiminish the First Amendment:

The Stars and Stripes represents something. The flag can mean lots of things to different people--patriotism, Uncle Sam, tradition,veterans, sacrifice, freedom. However there is one meaning that cannot be removed or changed.When viewed withoutany emotional attachments, theflag represents each andevery American.Literally. Get a big enough flag, and you can have onepolyester or cotton fiber for eachAmerican.

When someone burns a flag, or commits a seriousdesecration against it; he is voicing his disagreement with every, single, individual other American. Bar none, because that is what the flag represents at its core.

When one has that much disagreement with every othermember of a group, one ordinarily resigns from thegroup.

The solution is not to criminalize desecration;but to accept or enforce the desecrator's resignation. Cancel his citizenship. Noprison, no fines--its not a penalty. It ismerely recognition that he disagrees with every otherAmerican citizen; and therefore should neither be a citizen, nor live in this country with the rest of us.

In the case above, simply send them home. No prison, no fines, and no chance to return.

massltca

imported post

I know, that makes my blood boil. Who do these people think they are? They ought to be ashamed of themselves. I mean the first amendment protects that kind of behaviour, but only if you are a citizen. We don't go to mexico and fly our flag and march in their streets. We don't owe illegal aliens a damn thing except deportation. I don't understand their attitude of entitlement, we are a sovereign nation within our borders we make the rules just like any other nation.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Snopes.com is THE go-to site for internet myths and urban legends. They are known for researching thoroughly, and I've yet to hear of them being wrong. I'm sure they either have been or will be at some point, but they're generally very reliable.

I ALWAYS check suspicious items through snopes.

vrwmiller wrote:
<snip>

The following URL appears to have a great deal of information regarding the incident, but I am unfamiliar with snopes.com. I can offer no credibility to this site.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp
<snip>

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

ilbob,

Partly because most of the cops are most likely Hispanics, too, andpartly because the Police Chief is a wimp and told them not to do anything...as if they really would anyway.

La Raza, man.

Embrace and celebrate "diversity."

Now excuse me while I go throw up...

-- John D.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If desecration of the flag is free speech, does not the desecrator committing the act become part of the free speech itself? Becoming a symbol of anti American sentiment himself.

If so, why is it not legal for a person exercising their freedom of speech, to strike out at an anti American symbol and tear it down?

Looks to me like a more proactive approach might be in order.

People here in the east are really unaware of the battle currently going on along the length of the US Mexican border. Going to places like El Paso Texas and some souther Arizona towns is a real eye opener.

Regards

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
If so, why is it not legal for a person exercising their freedom of speech, to strike out at an anti American symbol and tear it down?

Sounds good to me!

Can we set the flag-burner's pants on fire? :)

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
ilbob,

Partly because most of the cops are most likely Hispanics, too, andpartly because the Police Chief is a wimp and told them not to do anything...as if they really would anyway.

La Raza, man.

Embrace and celebrate "diversity."

Now excuse me while I go throw up...

-- John D.

My CMP rifles have killed the enemies of America once before and they and I stand ready to defend Americaonce again if and when necessary.

I have cases and cases if MILSURP ball that I've stenciled "OPEN IN CASE OF LA RAZA"

cato

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
People here in the east are really unaware of the battle currently going on along the length of the US Mexican border. Going to places like El Paso Texas and some souther Arizona towns is a real eye opener.

Regards

Yes, the people of the East need to see this from downtown LA, the capitol of the Nation of Aztlan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9uH4XgOmI&mode=related&search=aztlan%20illegal%27s%20minutmen%20minuteman%20immigration

and more good stuff from http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is nothing new and it seams that only one President actually did any thing about it, Dwight D. Eisenhower. I only know of it as Operation Wetback and I don't know if that was just the slang name for it.
It was an attempt to remove 1.2M illegal immigrants from the US in 1954. I would post links and what not’s but because of the current storm we are getting here my dial-up is extremely slow.
A simple search will provide many links discussing this event