• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disgraced American Flag

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

ChronoSphere wrote:
USA in 2007 != 1935 Germany. Care to elaborate on how it is? I'm dying to understand the connection between some retards hanging a flag upside down and our right to bear arms openly.
I am dying to understand why you do not understand.

ChronoSphere

imported post

Sure. I lived there for 10 years from 1983 to 1993, and I'm still there every other month or so visiting family.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion that, *gasp* there might not actually be a relation between this topic and open carry.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It strikes me that the only way you would not see a connection is if you have not studied much history. The crust of this "pie" we all live on and call civilization is very thin indeed. When it cracks everything and everyone falls into the muck of the pie beneath. Society can and does break down for seemingly very small reasons. I do not think you need to look much further than Louisiana and what happened to the citizens right to possess and/or carry firearms, to understand how tenuous your rights might be.

It is not much of a stretch to see that if a significant anti-rights legislature is voted into office in a particular state or region, that your firearms rights would be in serious jeopardy.

Perhaps you should look to New York City, Morton Grove Illinois, Washington DC and a few other places and take a look at what an anti-rights legislative body can do to your rights.

If you do not believe this can happen on a state level, you are truly naive. You imply that leaving the union and declaring themselves independent sovereigns would happen prior to banning firearms. I would submit that you have it backwards. The firearms would go well ahead of any cessation attempt.

If you don't believe that secessionists are alive and well in the US, then you have not been following Colorado legislative initiatives over the last ten years.

Regards

KellyJ

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
It strikes me that the only way you would not see a connection is if you have not studied much history. The crust of this "pie" we all live on and call civilization is very thin indeed. When it cracks everything and everyone falls into the muck of the pie beneath. Society can and does break down for seemingly very small reasons. I do not think you need to look much further than Louisiana and what happened to the citizens right to possess and/or carry firearms, to understand how tenuous your rights might be.

It is not much of a stretch to see that if a significant anti-rights legislature is voted into office in a particular state or region, that your firearms rights would be in serious jeopardy.

Perhaps you should look to New York City, Morton Grove Illinois, Washington DC and a few other places and take a look at what an anti-rights legislative body can do to your rights.

If you do not believe this can happen on a state level, you are truly naive. You imply that leaving the union and declaring themselves independent sovereigns would happen prior to banning firearms. I would submit that you have it backwards. The firearms would go well ahead of any cessation attempt.

If you don't believe that secessionists are alive and well in the US, then you have not been following Colorado legislative initiatives over the last ten years.

Regards
You failedto mention California!

KellyJ

imported post

Regardless of the reason; to fly the American Flag upside down, and under any other flag, is insulting and degrading, to those that have Fought and Died for Her.

KellyJ

imported post

Snopes, are sort of a clearing house for stories posted on the web they endeavor to prove or disprove them.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

An upside down flag is a sign of distress. In this case it is meant to be an insult, but it is more truthful than one would think. This country is going to Hell quickly! We are allowing this to occur on a daily basis. Does this relate to OC? Abso "F'n" lutely! Freedom will die from 1,000 cuts. It will not all happen at once. As they continue to assimilate these agendas into our country, they will want to control the many who would rather fight than get a multicultural ass raping. How does this happen? Would someone please quote the 2nd for me? Does it not mention the idea that a well armed militia is necessary for the preservation of a free democracy (paraphrased)? Take away the means to establish this militia, you will take away the definitive power provided by armed response. We are in a state of distress, and all our rights are being exposed. We need to come together and start preparing for what used to be the "what if?". It is now more of a "when?".

KellyJ

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
KellyJ,

Don't you mean "Snopes?"

http://www.snopes.com/

I think if I were to go outside my apartment here in this sorry Border town and fly the Mexican flag upside down, I'd get lynched...and the cops here -- mostly Latino -- might just stand by and watch.

Americans put up with WAY too much BS in this country...

-- John D.
Spell checker missed that one.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Some ethnic groups of immigrants want to/try to assimilate and become Americans...I'm guessing here that some do though I don't see a lot of that from where I am.Lots of other immigrant groups do not. Hispanics are one of them. Consequently, rather than becoming Americans and stop acting like foreigners where they came from (if it was that great THERE, then why are theyHERE), they will makewherever they arelike Mexico instead.

Ever since "colonization" began thousands of years ago, if an ethnic group could get more members of itsgroup into a territory than other ethnic groups could, itcould clamthat territory as its own -- usually by force back then -- simply based on population numbers (like Kosovo is trying to do now, for example, but via legal recognition of ethnic/religious majority facts).This tactic worked thousands of years ago and it still works today...it's just a matter ofwho has more "boots on the ground" if you will.

Using America's early days as an example, the French couldn't do that -- get a whole lot of its citizens to settle here no matter how hard the king tried to encourage that...just lots of single men who were basically Indian-traders/fur-trappers. Conversely, England got lots of FAMILIES to move here. Eventually, one group outnumbered the other. One was transitory (the French single-men trappers with not need/desire tohomestead...one reason the local Indians liked them: They weren't going to STAY) andthe other was permanent (English families who DID homestead). After England won the French and Indian War (1763),the English rounded up what French families (Acadians)they could find in Canada anddeported them to French territory in Lousiana (the Cajuns). France lost Canada.

Illegal Mexican "immigrants" are mostly single men, but they try to STAY here, send $$ home and thentry get their FAMILIES to come...and that can be done legally even now because of insane federal laws, passed by legislators either ignorant of what this will bring about or, not caring. Applying the "getting families to come rather than single men" rule, the population becomes more numerous and permanent...a de facto colonization takes place.

It's always worked this way throughout history. That's why the Chinese working in the gold mines and on the railroads of CA in the 1800s weren't much of a threat...they were single men for the most part and just sent their money home, they didn't bringFAMILIES to homestead andpermanently settle.

And when Texas wasbeing settled in the late 1700s and very early 1800s, Spain became worried whentoo many Anglo families were coming into TX and not enough Mexican families from Mexico. Spain knew that if Mexican (actually, Spanish families since Spain owned Mexico at the time) families were outnumbered, Spain would have a hard time claiming legitimate ownership to the land. All this eventually led to a revolution. Spain lost Texas.

Hispanicswant to get their families here...thiswill eventually end up a de facto colonization...a quietReconquista if not a hostile one.

As has been stated here by others already, Mexico has no Bill of Rights, 2nd Amendment or Open Carry tradition...it's a Police State...only crooked cops (ALL of them are crooked andit's their culture to be so..."La Mordida" is an "endearing" Mexican tradition that will be brought with them), crooked politicians and select others...plus ALL the criminals/gangsters/drug cartels downthere.

Who wants that "heritage" here? I know I don't.

So that's howthis issue of immigration relates to the OC issue.

America was founded on principles like NO other country in the world, so America can't be compared ANY OTHER country as so many liberals want to do as they try to change America to be like every other sorry country...whether it's a diverse culture country like Australia or a NON-diverse countrylike Japan.

I don't want America to be like Mexico or anyOTHER country, including any of the other "Anglo" countries like England, Canada, Australia...lest someone call me a racist. It has nothing to do with race; it has everything to do with culture.

-- John D.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Some ethnic groups of immigrants want to/try to assimilate and become Americans...I'm guessing here that some do though I don't see a lot of that from where I am.Lots of other immigrant groups do not. Hispanics are one of them.

Let's not pigeon hole Hispanics. With a name like Luis Gonzalez, I don't believe my family was well represented on the Mayflower. ;)

edit: I forgot to mention that i am a member of the best part of Latin America: the Caribbean!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Unfortunately the most prevalent ones are the noisiest ones. The South American Immigrants are not very skilled at invasion. Indians, on the other hand, are taking over the North East and spreading like a plague without a sound. Go to any major city and see who is running the gas stations and convenience stores, but also our medical facilities and engineering firms. Their presence throughout our financial institutions is unnerving, to say the least. They are a greater threat to OC andthe 2nd A even more so than Southernaliens. These people come from a place where pacifism is national doctrine. They can't understand why weAmericans love guns and warfare. They pose a true threat because they have more financialinfluence and have a greater understan ding of how government works because of a higher level of education. They pose a great threat because thestudent who came over and became a citizen brought over his entire family to visit. The visitors just let their visas run out, and we seem to have forgotten that they never went home.

Legba

imported post

Mexico isn't as politically backwards as all that, at least in theory. They do have a constitution and enumerated civil rights, which were included in the original document and not "amended" as ours were. It was largely modeled on our constitution, though, so presumably there was less wrangling about changes later. Whether they live up to its another matter, perhaps, and you are right to mention the rampant corruption. Anyway, I thought I'd play devil's advocate and give them a small break.

-ljp

http://www.claytoncramer.com/Mexconst.pdf

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Did you know that during the Cold War, there was a KGB Directorate that had agents in the US whose sole purpose was to incite the "no-nukes" movement?

Food for thought.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ChronoSphere wrote:
...SNIP
I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion that, *gasp* there might not actually be a relation between this topic and open carry.

Based on the series of posts above, I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion that they don't teach AMERICAN history at FSU, and if they do, you skipped class.

So now it's your turn to explain why this thread DOESN'T have EVERYTHING to do with Open carry, 'cause I think a lot of people HAVE answered the question.

Regards

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Hawk,

They probably DO teach history at FSU, but most likely it'sREVISIONIST American History...as they do in just about EVERY university nowadaysdue to Academia's overwhelmingly liberal bias.

A conservative, no-nonsense, non-PC history professor would never get hired for any tenure-track position...don't ask me how I know.

-- John D.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Hawk,

They probably DO teach history at FSU, but most likely it's REVISIONIST American History...as they do in just about EVERY university nowadays due to Academia's overwhelmingly liberal bias.

A conservative, no-nonsense, non-PC history professor would never get hired for any tenure-track position...I know.

-- John D.
+1