Thread: Celebrate Fairfax!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Nothing bad. Couple of wide-eyed stares, some good interactions. Did NOT pass out ANY literature; there were BIG signs (I don't remember from last time) warning about unapproved groups handing out literature.

Met OCDO member 1st freedom, serendipitously. Nice to meet you!

I CC'd. Spouse OC'd, and wore VCDL hat. I wore "Guns Save Lives" button on my white polo.

I didn't stop at the MMM booth. I had stopped to talk to the people at the booth before (frankly, I don't even remember who, now); spouse and son were ahead of me. The volunteer at the MMM booth asked spouse (remember, I stated above spouse OCd) if he wanted to hear about the gun show loophole. She seemed nonplussed when he informed her there is no loophole, and that he believes people who want to own guns should do so. I simply walked past NakedShoplifters friends Martina and Laura, and stopped at the next booth, which was looking for sponsors for exchange students. While there, I noticed Martina speaking to the other volunteer. I couldn't hear their words, but it APPEARED to be a reeducation speech.

At the concert, we were in the next-to-last row. No one behind us, no one for about 6 rows in front. Comes this nice gent sits down immediately behind spouse. We say "hi" as we are wont to do; he asks if they're giving out the GSL buttons. I say no, and sorry, I don't have extras. He replies "no problem." He gets out cell phone. I can't swear he took a pic of spouse's sidearm, but I believe he did. When spouse got up to walk around, nice man left also. Nice man was carrying a tote bag that seemed out of place, but otherwise tried to be unobtrusive. I still don't know what it was about, though of course I have my suspicions. I am an analyst, after all. I was very glad I didn't offer literature or buttons. (I never used to be QUITE this suspicious).

Had several conversations throughout the crafts area of the fair with people who noticed the button. Good times, all.

At least one "Officer, that man has a gun" "Yes, ma'am; it's all right"; some wide eyes in a food area; some wide eyes on the shuttle bus. But nothing bad at all.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

BRAVO Tess!!

Sorry I didn't make it. While I didn't feel like death today, I wan't in the mood for crowds and sunburn.

What was the "reeducation speech"? She needed to brainwash her volunteer when your SO smacked down the gun show loophole lie?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    BRAVO Tess!!

Sorry I didn't make it. While I didn't feel like death today, I wan't in the mood for crowds and sunburn.

What was the "reeducation speech"? She needed to brainwash her volunteer when your SO smacked down the gun show loophole lie?
    I couldn't tell, though there was head-nodding toward me. I presume she was educating her volunteer not to talk to VCDL members, to perhaps LOOK for sidearms before extending invitations. My suspicious side says she was informing the volunteer that I am a disruptor, though how she could back it up when I didn't even stop at their booth......

Oops. Sorry. Almost applied logic there.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I cc'ed on Friday and since I only had my IWB, I couldn't ride any of the upside-downy rides : ( . I did however love the yummy food and nice atmosphere of the fair (never been to this one before). I didn't see the MMM booth, but then again all of the booths were closing early on Friday night once the sun went down because there weren't lights in many of them. I did however get a caricature of me & my ladyfriend at a Mortgage tent.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I went, I had just arrived and I herd sombody say somthing about my NRAT- shirt, I turned around to see a man OC A 1911 :celebrate(friendship of to a good start) as it turns out it was TESS and her friends, we talked for awhile and then I made my way to the MMM booth,

cost to enter the fair : $10.00

2 Italian sausage and ice tea :$21.00

seeing the expression on the MMM peoples faces working the booth while I eat there cookies with my 1911 staring at them : priceless.

They wouldn't make eye contact with me when I tried to say hello

It was a pleasure meeting you tess ( and thank you for your help)

Post imported post

2 Italian sausage and ice tea :$21.00
    :shock: Yikes!

Post imported post

1st freedom wrote:

seeing the expression on the MMM peoples faces working the booth while I eat there cookies with my 1911 staring at them : priceless.

They wouldn't make eye contact with me when I tried to say hello

Are you kidding me!!!!????

You stood there and ate their cookies while armed? That IS priceless!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

That is excellent!

Post imported post

oatmeal and rasin !! and ya,,, they were store bought :X

Post imported post

I do believe I have a new hero, that IS priceless. Man I wish I had gone just to video tape that

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    I do believe I have a new hero, that IS priceless. Man I wish I had gone just to video tape that
    Ditto. I may have to do that myself sometime.

But MMM doesn't seem to come down here... :celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.