• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Questions

Kelly J

imported post

First one;

What is the latest information on the front to establish the right to open carry, without any concern of district you may be in or from, is the attempt to getting open Carry going to be a National thing or a peicemeal local thing?

Second one;

Who is the main orgination to achieve this goal,is it local or National, and to what extent has anything been done, and where are we in this movement?

Just an observation will this be accomplished without a Political push or at least involvement, and if so is there a central location to garner support?

Guess I actually had 3 Questions.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
First one;

What is the latest information on the front to establish the right to open carry, without any concern of district you may be in or from, is the attempt to getting open Carry going to be a National thing or a peicemeal local thing?

Second one;

Who is the main orgination to achieve this goal,is it local or National, and to what extent has anything been done, and where are we in this movement?

Just an observation will this be accomplished without a Political push or at least involvement, and if so is there a central location to garner support?

I think the latest news can be found in the various state threads on this forum. The best way to categorize this movement is as a grassroots one. In that sense it is a local thing. There is no national group pushing for open carry, just individuals (like Lonnie Wilson and others) and some state level groups (VCDL, TxCDL). If there was to be a national group I think it would have to be a new group, I just wouldn't expect any whole hearted or even half hearted efforts by the existing national groups.

Kelly J

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
First one;

Second one;

I think the latest news can be found in the various state threads on this forum. The best way to categorize this movement is as a grassroots one. In that sense it is a local thing. There is no national group pushing for open carry, just individuals (like Lonnie Wilson and others) and some state level groups (VCDL, TxCDL). If there was to be a national group I think it would have to be a new group, I just wouldn't expect any whole hearted or even half hearted efforts by the existing national groups.
Kinda what I thought.