• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Lunch @ Foster's

vrwmiller

imported post

Had a great lunch with you all today @ Foster's. Hawkflyer, Roscoe, ccloud, Wooley...it was great to finally meet you guys. For the rest, it was good to see you all again. Glad it was a non-eventful lunch in the City of Manassas.

I thought it was great when the band across the street started playing The National Anthem. Every single one of us turned and gave it it's due attention. It's great to live in America and associate with patriots like you all.

I would have enjoyed to stay longer and chat a bit with you guys, but the son has a project due tomorrow that he has to work on, so we left.

On the other hand, I am glad I left when I did because no sooner than I got inside that my doorbell rang. I was pleasantly surprised, upon answering, that it just so happened to be my district's Delegate, Jackson Miller. He decided to pay me a personal visit after having received numerous letters from me urging him to support and not support certain bills in the VA House of Delegates. We spent about 15 - 20 minutes talking all the while, I was armed.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We had a great time meeting all of youas well! It was great to share a meal and fellowship and put faces with the names. I'd say counting families we had about 16 people. Yeah, I liked that we all instinctively did the right thing when the anthem played.

Hawk brought his camcorder and Nakedshoplifter was running all over the place trying to get everyone to sign some stupid waiver. Some people...

Excuse me....I think I have a chili-cheese fry stuck in my left ventricle......

LEO 229

imported post

Sorry to have missed it. I did not do anything the entire day! No dispatched calls and that was fine with me.

C

ccloud43

imported post

I just got home from the trip up north. Had a great time and it was nice to meet all y'all. Y'all NOVA guys are alright by me. If the wife gets her new hours at work like she was promised we might be able to make a few more if it is on a weekend like this was. LEO 229 if you were that bored you could have followed me home. Im sure you could have filled your ticket quota for the year with all the infractions I saw..LMAO:lol:

IanB

imported post

Well folks, one eventful thing happened after y'all left. Wooley and his SO ordered food so I suggested we sit at the nearest outdoor table so they could chow and talk. Must have been 30 minutes or so later (they were done eating) I noticed a man inside Fosters raising out of his chair eyeballing Wooley's firearm through the glass. He got a good look at it and sat back down. He then continued to make several discreet looks at those he could see w/o making himself obvious. I was directly facing the man and saw everything he did. They way we were sitting, the only person he could see with a firearm was Wooley. I knew he was checking us out, and when he produced his cellphone to make a call, I notified the OCDO members we were getting the PD called on us. While the man was on the phone, he glanced at our party 2-3 more times. His call lasted about 1:30 minutes and then he and his child left the store. On his way out of Foster's he walked right past our table, within 3 feet of where I was sitting. Once he was 25 feet away from us he turned around and stared directly at us while continuing to walk forward. Now, I cannot be 100% sure he called the PD, but I can think of no other outcome. We were obviously what he was talking about while he was on the phone. If he did in fact call MCPD, they did not respond to the call. I kept my eyes open and did not notice any PD presence before we finally left. Looks like MCPD learned something about firearms rights from the last two VCDL visits.

I'm curious what the dispatcher told the man? Same as before? (Sir, what they are doing is not illegal, are you from Virginia?")

Tomahawk

imported post

After you guys left we stood there BS'ing for a while, so we decided to sit down at one of the outdoor tables and get some sodas. While we sat there, this guy and a little girl (daughter probably) were sitting inside the window looking at us. The little girl was being very obvious, the man was doing a poor job of hiding it. After he finished stuffing his piehole, nakedshoplifter warned us not to look now but the guy was on his cellphone and kept looking out the window. At one point he clearly leaned to see over the sill at Wooley's holster. Immediately after hanging up he and the girl walked out the front door and past us, while obviously looking at us while trying not to be obvious. We all started joking and waiting to see what would happen next...and nothing happened. Makes you wonder.

EDIT: Yeah, what naked said...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I actually saw that guy arrive from across the street in the pavilion area. I was sitting across the table from Naked, so while he had a straight shot inside foster's I could see the street and sidewalk. He was looking at us before he went in the restaurant for some reason. With those chairs I am fairly certain he could not see any firearms, going except maybe Wooley's, and I doubt that.

I noticed him from a long way off, he just looked odd. But he really did Give Naked "the eye of scrutiny" when he turned back as he crossed the tracks.

It was really great to see all you guys and your families. I am suspicious about CITIZEN and LEO 229, both claimed to be working and so they did not show. There is a rumor that they may have been out together, but it is at this time unsubstantiated.

It was VERY amazing when the National Anthem started playing by surprise. Instantly all talking stopped mid sentence, EVERYONE turned to the nearest flag, hats flew from heads to hearts, and everyone came to attention. Outside of a military base it is rare to see that many people "snap to" all at once. Firearms aside, I am usually alone, and viewed as odd when I do that. It was nice to be in such rare and good company.

Regards

vrwmiller

imported post

I wonder if a FOIA request can be crafted for emergency and non-emergency calls at that very moment to see if the Foster's patron did call the PD. I've never made a FOIA request, but would so in this instance if I knew how to craft it. I think it would be extremely interesting to know whether or not the patron called the 911 or a PD non-emergency number.

If, indeed, he did call the PD. I think it would say a lot of the PD that they did not respond. Or, perhaps, they sent a plain clothes officer to walk by the area and report nothing if there was nothing.

Wooley

imported post

Had a great time meeting you guys...and I told you, he wasn't looking at my gun, he was checking me out. I mean, I AM smokin hot.

My hockey games were uneventful, one went into overtime and the second was a very close 1 goal game at the closer...I'm exhausted now.

Thanks for coming out everyone, it was great to meet each and everyone of you. Glad everyone had a safe trip home!

Oh, and now that there are this many of us in the area, we need to make a phone tree and do this more often.

IanB

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
I wonder if a FOIA request can be crafted for emergency and non-emergency calls at that very moment to see if the Foster's patron did call the PD. I've never made a FOIA request, but would so in this instance if I knew how to craft it. I think it would be extremely interesting to know whether or not the patron called the 911 or a PD non-emergency number.

If, indeed, he did call the PD. I think it would say a lot of the PD that they did not respond. Or, perhaps, they sent a plain clothes officer to walk by the area and report nothing if there was nothing.
VR:

I can point you to a "ready made" FOIA template, complete with Manassas POC's!

I'm too lazy to take this up for a "non-issue", but feel free if your curiosity gets the bst of you.

Manassas FOIA document here: http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/MCPD_FOIA_Response.pdf

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good time meeting/seeing you all. We need to do this again sometime. Things went really well at Fosters, although I did get a :what: from one young kid.... Maybe he learned something...

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
It was really great to see all you guys and your families. I am suspicious about CITIZEN and LEO 229, both claimed to be working and so they did not show. There is a rumor that they may have been out together, but it is at this time unsubstantiated.

Regards
Don't Ask..... Don't Tell..... :p

zoom6zoom

imported post

Sorry I missed seeing the post about this event prior to the time... ow, well. I did have a productive day, got together with a buddy and built one of my AK kits, ended up with a nice Romanian sidefolder.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wooley wrote:
...SNIP
Oh, and now that there are this many of us in the area, we need to make a phone tree and do this more often.

I agree this would be a good idea. It might also be useful to assist in the occasional action meeting. While many here cannot or do not participate in activist events, it would still be useful to have a way to reach people who might, other than on the forum. It would also be useful to have a way to plan events in a more private venue than this.

Of course the most important thing would still be the occasional lunch.

Regards

Tomahawk

imported post

I like the idea of unorganized activists, just a group of like-minded friends meeting once in a while for an "action meeting". OCDO is just a website, it's not an organization per se, and if we take heat from reporters we don't have to mention VCDL since some of us are not members and none of us are acting in VCDL's name. Keep it at the lowest level, the personal level.

Sort of like the "unorganized militia" of activism as opposed to the VCDL "organized militia" and the NRA "regular army"...

armata_PDT_40.gif

bohdi

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I like the idea of unorganized activists, just a group of like-minded friends meeting once in a while for an "action meeting". OCDO is just a website, it's not an organization per se, and if we take heat from reporters we don't have to mention VCDL since some of us are not members and none of us are acting in VCDL's name. Keep it at the lowest level, the personal level.

Sort of like the "unorganized militia" of activism as opposed to the VCDL "organized militia" and the NRA "regular army"...

armata_PDT_40.gif
Not only do I like this line of thinking, I like your avitar, such a great movie....

C

ccloud43

imported post

If you are going to make a phone tree go ahead and put me on it. I might not be able to make all the "lunches" but i could make a few now and then.

BTW who has a blue Jeep Liberty with the Guns Save Lives Sticker on it. I saw it parked in front of fosters at 1230 but it was gone when we all came out later..