• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SOS - Pro-gun web site under attack, need your help TODAY

George Washington

imported post

Background information at the following two links:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/2940.html
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249342

I need your help TODAY (Monday, June 11) to stop the gun control group Ceasefire Foundation of Washington (aka "Washington Ceasefire) from shutting down the pro-gun web site at http://www.washingtonceasefire.com Washington Ceasefire filed a frivolous complaint against me with the National Arbitration Forum "NAF" (affiliated with ICANN) to force me to turn over the washingtonceasefire.com domain name to them. If they are successful, thousands of links on pro-gun web sites that point to washingtonceasefire.com will end up pointing to anti-gun propaganda.

While I have submitted a response to NAF several times, they have continually thrown up barriers to avoid accepting the response. First I provided links to them from which they could download the response and exhibits. They rejected that method, and suggested I e-mail it to them or submit it through their online system, which I did. Then, they said that was unacceptable and that I needed to mail printed copies to them, which I did. However, now I have learned that the printed copies must be received by them TODAY, which is unlikely to happen as I mailed them on Saturday via regular 1st class mail. The latest message I have received is that they would be willing to accept a FAX transmission TODAY in lieu of the paper copies. However, I am unable to send the copies via fax, for reasons which I will detail below.

Throughout the process of dealing with NAF's case coordinator, I repeatedly asked pointed questions to clarify conflicting statements on their web site regarding the requirements I must follow to submit the response. What I got was a lot of polite misleading answers designed to send me down false rabbit trails. In essence, NAF went out of their way to make sure that they could avoid accepting my response, and maintain plausable deniability that they were very helpful in trying to assist me.

At this point if I do not get my response and exhibits faxed to them today, the domain name will be awarded to Washington Ceasefire and thousands of links are going to direct people to anti-gun propaganda. Unfortunately, I am unable to fax the document in for legal and technical reasons. Among these include the need to privacy and anonymity. If a single fax comes in to NAF, Washington Ceasefire will be able to ID the owner of WashingtonCeasefire.com. If 20-30 faxes come in from around the country as a result of this announcement, then they will be halted in their tracks to ID me. A person could assume that NAF will never turn the source fax numbers over to Washington Ceasefire, but that assumption is a little shaky.

I am therefore requesting that a few patriots armed with fax modems or e-fax accounts download the following documents and fax them in so that NAF can no longer claim that I never filed a proper and timely response.

http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/documents/legal/wcf_vs_gw/FA0705000985159-response.pdf (9 pp.)
http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/documents/legal/wcf_vs_gw/FA0705000985159-exhibits.pdf (120 pp.)

Send to:

- Alexandra Rosenbaum Johnson
- Domain Dispute Case Coordinator
- National Arbitration Forum
- P.O. Box 50191
- Minneapolis, MN 55405
- 1-(800) 474-2371
- Fax 612-235-3355 <------------------------
- arosenbaum@adrforum.com

If you decide to help out, please send me a note at [george at washingtonceasefire.com]. No cover letters are needed on the faxes.

Sincerely,
George Washington

just_a_car

imported post

I just checked with Kinkos and they send faxes, but for long distance, it's $2 for the first page and $1.50 for every page thereafter. I don't know about anyone else here, but I can't handle that kind of cash for 129 pages. Sorry.

I also looked hard for ways to send e-fax, but nothing on my system works for that. My Microsoft Word is too old (1997) to do direct fax (2003, required) and I only have Outlook Express, so no faxing there either.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

First I provided links to them from which they could download the response and exhibits. They rejected that method, and suggested I e-mail it to them or submit it through their online system, which I did. Then, they said that was unacceptable and that I needed to mail printed copies to them, which I did.
An organization affiliated with the ICANN is unable to process documentation in an electronic format?

I am curious as to the reasoning they gave you.

George Washington

imported post

A number of individuals successfully faxed the complete set of documents. Others attempted to fax them in, but had a number of problems with only parts of the documents being successfully transmitted. Others offered moral support even though they were unable to get near a fax machine.

To each person, I am extremely grateful.
An organization affiliated with the ICANN is unable to process documentation in an electronic format?

I am curious as to the reasoning they gave you.

They can certainly "process" the documentation -- however, they simply don't consider documents submitted through this process as meeting the deadline. They didn't provide me with this information until I submitted the documents electronically and informed them that I had met their deadline for providing a response.

None of this makes sense. I did discuss this with a lawyer who deals with them on a regular basis and he tells me that they are in the habit of giving this type of run around to everyone that deals with them.