Thread: Mo ccw permit

Post imported post

Does anyone know wether Mo can/will be recognized by WV under the new law? My in-laws are in WV and I travel there at least once a year.

Post imported post

In short, no.

Open carry is really your only option for now. We will be working on getting better reciprocity agreements next legislative session.

State Researcher

Post imported post

As of June 13, 2007, no, we do not have reciprocity. However, I believe we will be establishing reciprocity with Missouri this summer as our attorney general continues implementing the new law. We will try to get a Missouri-style universal recognition law passed in 2008 to get everyone covered.

Edit:

As of October 1, 2007, West Virginia and Missouri have reciprocity. Missouri's LTC endorsement is now recognized by every state that has a reciprocity law except Washington and Wyoming. Official links: Missouri - West Virginia. Also see the WVCDL's WV concealed carry information page
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Is there anyone/way i can help with this?

Post imported post

That would be nice to have the universal acceptance of permits as i travel to wv every now and then the only problem with reciprocity is that connecticut does not accept anyones permit and requires a NR permit.

Post imported post

Since this thread was recently resurrected it should be noted that WV recognizes MO permits.