• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mo ccw permit

sdelam

imported post

Does anyone know wether Mo can/will be recognized by WV under the new law? My in-laws are in WV and I travel there at least once a year.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

As of June 13, 2007, no, we do not have reciprocity. However, I believe we will be establishing reciprocity with Missouri this summer as our attorney general continues implementing the new law. We will try to get a Missouri-style universal recognition law passed in 2008 to get everyone covered.

Edit:

As of October 1, 2007, West Virginia and Missouri have reciprocity. Missouri's LTC endorsement is now recognized by every state that has a reciprocity law except Washington and Wyoming. Official links: Missouri - West Virginia. Also see the WVCDL's WV concealed carry information page

minus

imported post

That would be nice to have the universal acceptance of permits as i travel to wv every now and then the only problem with reciprocity is that connecticut does not accept anyones permit and requires a NR permit.

captainamerica

imported post

Since this thread was recently resurrected it should be noted that WV recognizes MO permits.