• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va. Beach Boardwalk Art Show 6/14-6/17

vtme_grad98

imported post

Well, my wife's favorite local event has come around yet again, and this time I think it's time for me to OC there. If you see a white male open carrying with an asian female next to him, that would be me. I just wish I had a holster for my 1911, but I made the mistake of buying one with a tactical rail. Little did I know at the time that those still don't fit in a 1911 holster, even without anything on the rail.

Here's the link to the event, for any that aren't familiar with it.

http://www.cacv.org/events/boardwalk.asp

Tricorn

imported post

Tomorrow, the Wife and I are traveling down to the beach for a little R&R. We'll be heading home on Sunday. We love art shows, didn't know about it. That'll be pretty cool. If its warm enough, I'll be OCing. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

72Malibu

imported post

I just got back from there. Saw a whit male with an asian woman and their kids, one of whom took an interest in my boy, but the male wasn't OCing.

Saw the art displays as they were being set up, but the boy wasn't very well behaved, so we didn't get to make it up to see any of the art.

We're really disappointed though, We got to VA Beach on Wed and just got back literally 20 mins ago. Thurs, our only full day there was windy, rainy and gray. A disappointing vacation for us, but hell, we got a $269/night room for $99/night. Guess they knew the rain was coming.
:cuss:

vtme_grad98

imported post

Nope, no kids here yet. Well, my wife and I had another enjoyable stroll during the art festival. I had many police officers go by without a problem. Some seemed like they may have noticed that I was armed, but most didn't. The only question I got about it was from an artist from New Jersey. He assumed I was a LEO, and was very surprised when I told him I wasn't and that OC was legal in Virginia without any type of permit.

Tricorn

imported post

Got back from the beach early this afternoon. Wife and I looked at some of the art on Thursday, she bought a couple of photos. It started to look like rain so we headed back to the room. It was cold, windy, with showers on and off, CCed due to the weather. We looked at some more on Friday, CCed early on Friday due to weather, but OCed later in the afternoon when it cleared up and got warm. Saw quite a few white males with asian ladies, but none OCing.

OCed while walking on the boardwalkand on Atlantic Ave. OCed in a bunch of restaurants. OCed in the hotel - Breakers Resort Inn at Atlantic Ave. and 16th St.

AbNo

imported post

Well, as far as the VABCH area, has anyone tried at Keagan's, over by where they are building that art museum, or whatever it is in the downtown area?

Behind Cheesecake Factory, if that helps.

I used to eat there a LOT before I moved up to MD for a few months for work.