• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maple Valley Parks

just_a_car

imported post

eBratt wrote:
In case anyone is still interested in the original topic of this thread, I spoke with Maple Valley Parks Director Greg Brown a few minutes ago. I realize it has only been a couple days, but I wanted to check in. I called and indicated that as I hadn't heard back yet, I wanted to make sure that the email did arrive.

He was very polite and indicated that he had reviewed the email, spoken with the police chief (who also received a copy), and has forwarded the matter to the city attorney for review. He indicated that as soon as he hears back from the attorney, he'll get back in touch with me.

Sounds promising so far.
Good to hear eBratt.

I've only been in Maple Valley a few times, when going on relaxation drives around the sound. Run up the hill past the hospital and continue down the street into the boonies of the Renton Highlands until it meets the Maple Valley highway, then grab the highway back to Renton/405 and back home to Edmonds.

eBratt

imported post

I spoke with the Parks rep a few weeks ago. He said he still hasn't heard back from the city attorney, so waited a couple of weeks and called the city attorney's office today.

He had stepped out but his assistant asked if she could help. I was very polite and explained that I was trying to follow up on a matter that was forwarded by email to him by the parks rep. I explained the basic points of the Maple Valley ordinance being more restrictive than state law.

I explained that I realized the CA was a busy person, but I did not want this to get forgotten about. I left my phone and my email and asked her to please have him follow up with me by either means and let me know the status of this as quickly as possible.

I'll call back in two days if I haven't heard anything.

eBratt

imported post

I called back today and the admin to the city attorney didn't know why he hadn't gotten back to me. So I left another request that he get back in touch.

Apparently two calls in as many days was enough to motivate him. I just got an email back from the director of Maple Valley's Parks and Recreation Department indicating that the city attorney has made suggestions for the change of city municipal code to bring it in line with state law. The park signs will be changed by the end of the year (probably so that they can make sure they change them to be in accordance with however the law is rewritten).

So, count this one a victory! I'll check back in about 4 months to see if the code has indeed been revised.

gregma

imported post

eBratt wrote:
I called back today and the admin to the city attorney didn't know why he hadn't gotten back to me. So I left another request that he get back in touch.

Apparently two calls in as many days was enough to motivate him. I just got an email back from the director of Maple Valley's Parks and Recreation Department indicating that the city attorney has made suggestions for the change of city municipal code to bring it in line with state law. The park signs will be changed by the end of the year (probably so that they can make sure they change them to be in accordance with however the law is rewritten).

So, count this one a victory! I'll check back in about 4 months to see if the code has indeed been revised.
Great work!