Thread: Gun control bill OK'ed

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281777,00.html

Did we miss this one? How does this get by without a word in the news? Were we too involved with some rich-bitch and her jail time?

Post imported post

The ATF sent a letter to licensees explaining that this law will just clarify the definition of a mental defective as a prohibited person. It doesn't change the existing law except, as I understand it, to providefora means by which persons previously prohibited on the basis of mental defect can be removed from the banned list. I guess you need a shrink to pronounce you "cured" or something. Anyway, it isn't really any more gun control than we already have, so I'm not concerned, apart from having to stamp a thousand 4473 forms with our license number when we finally get the new ones. ;-/

-ljp

Post imported post

i just don't like this government of the people, by the people doing things without telling the people.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281777,00.html

Did we miss this one? How does this get by without a word in the news? Were we too involved with some rich-bitch and her jail time?
    Nah. It was in the news all over the place. And it's not a gun control bill. It simply "strengthens" the NICS. Good for everybody.

But speaking of Paris Hilton, here is the coooolest pic:

I don't know what she's in for but it just seems kind of funny. I think they ought to throw a movie star in jail every week. Just for s&g.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Add their names to the NICS database, too.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Add their names to the NICS database, too.
    In which case they'll carry anyway because NICS dooesn't work on criminals who don't buy guns from dealers.